• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 24, 2024, 11:32:27 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Algus's special attack at Ft. Zeakden

Started by Timbo, May 02, 2010, 12:31:15 am

Timbo

So, I was wondering.  I've heard that Algus's epic crossbow shot at Fort Zeakden is a special skill that probably shouldn't be over written in FFTPatcher.  Does anybody know which skill that is?  Is it the one between Meteor and Blind?  That's my theory.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

formerdeathcorps

May 02, 2010, 01:01:30 am #1 Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 01:05:24 am by formerdeathcorps
No, it's not.  He uses unit animation x55 there, which shouldn't correspond to any of the attacks.

The only "attacks" that are reserved in the Patcher are the 4 reserved for the sprite of Ajora/Ultima when she teleports.  Personally, I'd just delete them, give Ajora 255 Move/Jump with Fly or a normal Lucavi or Type 1 sprite with Teleport II, and use them for other things.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

VampragonLord

15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Timbo

@formerdeathcorps
I tried giving them 255 jump and move, I don't know if I gave them fly or not though.  Either way, when I tested it I changed the effect to cure and sure enough instead of teleporting the Ajora twins just "cured" themselves over to a new square.  It's not that big of a deal though, I'd actually hate to waste these really interesting effects, so I don't mind.

@Vampragonlord
Well, a couple of the projects mention that for one reason or another algus' attack is messed up.  So I though, maybe that half-baked skill after meteor is used for something after all.

formerdeathcorps

My project had that problem with Algus after I replaced unit animation x50 with x55.  When I switched it back, the problem went away.

As for Ajora, you're supposed to delete Teleport II as well.  The 255 Move/Jump + Fly is meant to be a replacement.  Any damage attack paired with angelic teleport will glitch the game.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Timbo