• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:31:31 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Travel Log

Started by Pickle Girl Fanboy, January 14, 2012, 12:02:43 pm

MysticKnightFF5

Not to sound insulting, but are you really in such a position as to be picky?
Also, DD.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Well, why not?  Why stay somewhere where I'm miserable when I can be somewhere else that agrees with me?  From my own experience, these stipulations are ones that make a city homeless-friendly, and good places for upwards mobility.

What is DD?

MysticKnightFF5

Don't die, it's said just before a game against an opponent.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

The road is as tough an opponent as I can handle, I don't need any more.  It kicks my ass whenever it wants.

Celdia

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on January 17, 2012, 08:30:28 pm
since he prefers hanging out in Denver

Only thing I could think of upon reading that.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Bastard Poetry

January 18, 2012, 12:01:31 pm #25 Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 04:36:42 pm by Bastard Poetry
Heh.. I remember that one.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114660/

The movie was named after the song. The funny thing is that there's this whole scene where Andy Garcia is picking up his prostitute friend (played by Fairuza Balk, who we all know PGF is in love with) outside the Bluebird Theater on Colfax, and this was filmed back when that area of town was trashy and crime-ridden. About 5 years ago, the city started cleaning that area up and investing money in new businesses--I lived about 2 blocks away from the Bluebird, and it's so posh there that they even have a "luxury cupcake" bakery, where you can buy a single cupcake for $12, if you're feeling wealthy and/or fucking insane!

UPDATE TO TRAVEL LOG: Well, PGF slept on the couch for 8-9 hours last night without getting murdered in his sleep, and my wife and I slept for 8-9 hours in our bed upstairs without getting murdered in our sleep, SO GOOD NEWS! None of us are murderers!

That's the true test of friendship amongst Internet strangers.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Yep, Fairuza Balk was in Things to do in Denver when you're dead.  Awesome movie.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

I'm in Rock Springs, Wyoming.  At the McDonalds.  There's a church near the Arby's which I hear can hook you up with a warm place to sleep, and maybe even a bus voucher (though I doubt that).  In any case, I expect I'll sleep somewhere warm tonight, and then tomorrow it's off to, I think, Green River.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

In Salt Lake City.  Lots of tweakers about, but at least the city is walkable.

Fuck, I need a shower.

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on January 23, 2012, 03:45:06 pm
In Salt Lake City.  Lots of tweakers about, but at least the city is walkable.

Fuck, I need a shower.

isn't this your ideal climate?

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Not really.  It's too fucking cold, especially at night.  And the variation between daytime and nighttime temperature is too extreme.

Too librarians just looked at me while walking by.  I must smell awful.  Does anyone live nearby?  I can sleep at the homeless shelter, but there are too many thieves for me to shower or do laundry there.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Looks like I have some more abscesses.  This time on my lower back, along the belt line of my waist.

I'm waiting for the LDS church to give the local charities their travel money, so I can get a bus voucher.  Once I'm out of the mountains I can start walking, and, once I find a truck stop I can take a shower, provided I get some money.

Eternal

Man, just take care of yourself, okay? Even if that means having to go back home. I don't want you to die.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Feels like the abcesses aren't swelling up, so the infection should be dying down.  Now that I get enough food and sleep every day (two days so far), I'm back to normal.  Just really smelly, itchy, and dirty.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Abcesses are gone, as are all other skin problems, except for a small rash caused by an allergy to the nickel in my belt buckle.

I'll wait until the 5th of this month, for my food stamps to recharge for February, before I decide what to do.  If the LDS church doesn't give the local charities their travelers aid budget, then I'll walk out of Salt Lake City.  But first I need a map of Utah.  I'm recovered from my adventures in Wyoming (I walked about 120 miles in 72 hours, nonstop).

Target Co-ordinates: Brookings, Oregon.

I plan to follow I-80 West until I hit OR-140 at Winnemuca, Nevada.  Then it's OR-140 for a while.  My first target is the nearest town on 80 West, which is West Wendover, Nevada.  It's about 120 miles away, so I have a ways to go.  I need a blanket and a lightweight sleeping bag, but I really don't want to carry the extra weight.  I also need traveling food, which is basically bread, cheese, powerbars, and water.

Winter

I lived in Taos for 6 years. It was fun when a bunch of hot air balloons would land in a field across from house.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

February 15, 2012, 04:04:24 pm #36 Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:37:03 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
In Portland, Oregon, at the public library on 10th and Taylor.

Some asshole is downloading a terabyte of torrents, and I can barely get FFH to load, let alone google maps.  FUCK YEAH!

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on February 15, 2012, 04:04:24 pm
In Portland, Oregon, at the public library on 10th and Taylor.

Some asshole is downloading a terabyte of torrents, and I can barely get FFH to load, let alone google maps.  FUCK YEAH!

Lol.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Got a ride to Florence, Oregon.  Saved me 50 miles and three days of walking.

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on February 17, 2012, 02:04:28 pm
Got a ride to Florence, Oregon.  Saved me 50 miles and three days of walking.

gotta find a job man, we gotta get you a place...I dont think we even have anyone on this forum near you now though