• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 30, 2024, 09:54:19 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Bug Reports

Started by 3lric, March 25, 2013, 08:11:54 pm

RavenOfRazgriz

Slow seems a lot more than Speed xx .75 because your guys should be averaging 8-9 Speed.  The difference between 6 Speed and 8 Speed is a ton.  (13 Clock Ticks v 17 Clock Ticks to be precise.)  I'll have someone else look at it to be sure but that difference is really kinda large, especially when you have some characters like Snake who are much faster than the final boss.

Samurai is not missing any skills.

Bane has the wrong formula, it'll be fixed in the coming release.  Same with Mist's description.  I'll also be cleaning up Blue Magic's Silence inconsistencies.

Not sure why Munch is acting up because nothing is actually edited on it.  I'll look into it to be sure.

The Damned

(Back from walk.)

Okay. I see. My characters' speed actually tends to be like 10 now due to how high I ended up being in levels, so it's good to know it's working as it should, possibly. Goes to show how little I use Haste and Slow despite them always been so powerful and Time Mage being one of the classes from vanilla I actually liked better.

When it comes to Munch, yeah...I'm not sure what the hell is going on with it either since I didn't suspect anything changed from the Weapon Break formula, which may be itself be the problem. Given I have vested interested in finding a solution for my own patches (or, at least, for Human Advancement), I'll edit it in at the beginning of the Thieves Fort video I'll post up later today even though I didn't remember to actually record Munch acting up until Wednesday of this week around the time when I was trying to open up Dancer.

In the meanwhile, I'll try to remember the other things I noticed because I vaguely recall one more thing being kind of important to fix....
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

RavenOfRazgriz

I found something strange in the animation bytes for Munch that would cause the strange graphics when the attack is cast.  I'm going to have to test the skill tomorrow and see if those bytes were the problem.  I don't see why they would be but FFT was coded by monkeys so you never know.

The Damned

(Now now, [pretend to] be nice.)

Ah, okay. I think I at least remembered one of the things that was bugging me, if only subconsciously. I only "remembered" it because I'm currently editing videos that should be up later today finally:

The spell Gravity is supposed to an AoE 2 spell now, right? Because if it is, then its description is incorrect since it says its an Effect 2 ability, which is equivalent to AoE 1. If the description is what's correct, though, then it should be said that Gravity has been an AoE 2 spell when it isn't supposed to be for like..."forever" (read: probably longer than v1.941).

There's doubtless something else I'm forgetting still, but meh.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

The Damned

(Bleh. I hate double posting, but I remember something I forgot now.)

I also discovered something new and, coincidentally, both of these things are related to the Ghost type enemies:

1. The Grease Touch ability adds All Oil & Slow while its description says it only adds Oil. It's sort of the problem that Lilith's Kiss had only it's not as off.

2. The Ghost Beastmaster ability appears to be acting a bit...off, if only in terms of units that are supposed to absorb Dark. It overkills them twice over due to the way that Absorb on monsters has been done for Jot5. This may be intentional given it would basically amount to a full-heal anyway, but...yeah. (I'm also surprised it has such a huge AoE, but meh.)

I think that might be it given what I've figured out so far.

Finale

Hi there!
I'd like to start by saying that I love the work put into this mod.. but unfortunately I've hit a bit of an issue. < <;

So, fairly early on in the game (After the encounter at Zirekile Falls) I decided to backtrack and get some JP before moving forward.
I ran into a battle in Bariaus Hills, and after clearing it I ended up with this:

Sorry for the small image, I don't think it needs to be much bigger to see my issue though.

Ramza is simply missing. When I hit random encounters he's not present on the formation or in my roster, and when I progress further in the story he shows up in the cutscenes, and he is shown in the formation but after the battle begins he's just not there. I'm stuck with just the other 4 heroes.

I even went back and redid my previous encounter and came out with the same result.

I'm using the PSX 1.13 emulator.

Xifanie

June 24, 2013, 09:39:45 am #186 Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 09:48:04 am by Xifanie
Finale, could you described what happened in your battle at Zirekiles?
For the time being, you can send me a quicksave/memory card save and I should be able to fix this for you, you shouldn't lose anything.

Or you could even just do it yourself if you have the debugger under Debug/Monitor/r3000, in the memory window, ctrl+g and type 0x80057F75 , type 00 and then re-enter the formation screen. All your equipment should be removed, hopefully still in your inventory. Even if you do this, it would be important to provide us something to test with especially if you can reproduce the bug with your save.

More questions:
Did you just load your quicksave after upgrading JotF (if you did)?
What version are you currently using?

I'm a bit clueless because finishing the battle in 1.952b and 1.96 doesn't trigger Ramza to disappear, and in 1.96 I tried killing Ramza and when he crystallized it resulted in a Game Over, so idunno.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

RavenOfRazgriz

Did you start your Save File on 1.952b, then upgrade to 1.96 and load a Save State? 

If so, please load your Save State before this happens in 1.952b, make a hard save (to a Memory Card), then load that Memory Card into 1.96, because you should always change versions via a save from a Memory Card and never a Save State.

If you started your New Game on 1.96 then the above obviously doesn't apply to you.  Do try saving to a Memory Card and reloading if you use a Save State anyway just to be certain, and if it still happens, please send us the Save State and Memory Card because we can't seem to replicate your error and the lack of other people reporting a similar error leads me to believe this is an isolated case.

Tl;dr if nothing we suggested stops this from happening, we'll need your Save State or Save File before Ramza is removed from your party so we can dig into it ourselves.

Ulric

Possible bugs listed in the spoiler, which contains a video also showing these. There -will- be game spoilers in the video, so if you don't want to see that, you've been warned.

About 7 minutes into the video, you'll see everything I have to report. I'd recommend just skipping to it.
http://www.twitch.tv/zevranus/b/421406857

1)When a character levels up, they have an odd symbol in front of their name.

2)One of the skeletons appears as a Guest, which I hadn't noticed until reviewing the video.

3)The other skeleton was given boss status and a large amount of HP, I didn't find anything else about it though.

This was using an unedited (You'll see that File 2 was edited) save from the memory card, on version 1.96. I updated from the previous version and continued from this save to find these three things were all different. I'm not sure how much of it would be intended, but that's all I've found.
  • Discord username: Ulric#9191

RavenOfRazgriz

You updated by patching a clean ISO and not just patching 1.96 on top of 1.952b, correct?

Those are all very weird things and there's no reason they should be happening, assuming you didn't do the above, so uh, we'll throw a wrench at it and pray that helps.

Ulric

June 24, 2013, 10:13:21 pm #190 Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 10:29:21 pm by Ulric
I do believe I did but I'll do it again, for thoroughness' sake.

EDIT:So far, no guest monster, no boss monster, although I think the boss thing happened mid-battle.

EDIT 2:The icon before a character's name when they level up is still there for me.

If it's just me, I'll look more into anything I may have done.

EDIT 3: Nevermind, both of the other bugs just happened. I wasn't recording this time, though.

It happened after using Link's Fire Arrow. I just looked at the previous video as well, and I notice the changes occur after using it there as well. I've only done this particular story battle since patching, so I don't know if it is exclusive to it.
  • Discord username: Ulric#9191

Xifanie

June 24, 2013, 10:41:13 pm #191 Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 01:07:50 am by Xifanie
Yes, I can confirm Link's Fire Arrow bugs the game pretty badly, so for the time being, DO NOT USE FIRE ARROW.
I was able to reproduce the bug perfectly.

~fixed in 1.96b~
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Arhuhamel

when i start to play, in the first battle vs the skeletons, when is the turn of the knight the game stops, and shut down my pc, what i need to do to fix this?

sorry if my english is bad, isn't my standard language

brittmarv

Quote from: Arhuhamel on July 21, 2013, 11:20:43 am
when i start to play, in the first battle vs the skeletons, when is the turn of the knight the game stops, and shut down my pc, what i need to do to fix this?

sorry if my english is bad, isn't my standard language

Hi, and welcome to the forums!

Before anyone can help you, it would be helpful to know a few things.

What emulator are you using?

What version of JoT5 are you using?

Kaffe

August 05, 2013, 12:57:23 pm #194 Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 02:18:14 pm by Kaffe
Hmmm, where to put that fifth unit...

ETA:
Avy pic and unit not matching very well.

ETA2:

And a similar one...

3lric

Whoa. What battle is that formation from? Also no idea why the ports would show up that way. Ill look into these after work.

Kaffe

Xifanie

Maybe he did something that triggered RAM corruption, like the Fire effect did with Choto's hack.

3lric

Its possible. Since ive done the Seph battle countless times and never encountered this issue. If no one checks the attack.out by the time i get home i will check it out.

RavenOfRazgriz

Yeah the Attack.out had a 5 set.  I dunno what's up with that portrait stuff though, once I've had coffee and something to eat I'll look into it and see if I can replicate it.