• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

PSP modding help, anyone?

Started by Pickle Girl Fanboy, April 18, 2011, 10:39:13 am

Pickle Girl Fanboy

April 18, 2011, 10:39:13 am Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 10:40:19 am by Pickle Girl Fanboy
Where can I get this fixed?  If I send it to Sony, will they update my firmware to something that's uncrackable?  Anyone have any experience with Sony on this, or other repairs?

My PSP firmware is 3.71.

Can I just mail it to one of you guys and have you mod it so I can play eboots or whatever they're called?  I'll pay for you to mail it back.  If not, is there anyone near Idabel that could do this?  As I understand it, I need some kind of modified battery.

Tea

So, you just want your PSP cracked for homebrew and get that weird grey removed? The modding part is not too hard; you do need a special battery (easy to make) and some other easy stuff, but about that grey I have no idea. Do you know whether it's from the game, or the PSP? Do other games glitch like that?

Pickle Girl Fanboy

The gray bars on the right side of my screen are something wrong with the PSP.  I get them with Jeanne D'Arc, and at all other times.  I need to get the screen replaced someday, but it's still usable.

I just wanna mail my PSP off to someone who's done it before, successfully, and then give them money to mail it back, provided it doesn't cost them anything to mod it.  In which case, I'll reimburse them for whatever.

PX_Timefordeath

Modding the PSP takes about... 3 minutes. If it's a PSP 1000 or 2000, it's modable no matter what version it has. So if it is, you can just have someone fix the PSP.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

April 21, 2011, 03:01:07 pm #4 Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 04:50:37 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
Quote from: PX_Timefordeath on April 18, 2011, 07:19:38 pmModding the PSP takes about... 3 minutes.

For someone who knows what they're doing?  Certainly.  I really don't want to kill my PSP, so I'd rather have someone do it who has done it before.  Offer is still valid for anyone I can mail it to.

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-hardware-guides/28839-easy-use-pandoras-battery-guide-needs-updating-redoing.html
I don't see how this will take 3 minutes.