• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:12:38 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT Arena Beta Tournament - Discussion and videos here!

Started by FFMaster, January 14, 2011, 04:19:22 pm

The Damned

I still need to see if ARENA even works on this computer. Hmmm....

I honestly not sure what I can generally say or even feel about this match-up. I guess it was interesting to see two distant heavy teams face each other. I have to wonder how things would have turned if either of them had any AoE skills sans Mimic Daravon and Haste.

Geez, did you rape the RNG's parents or something, Skip? It seems like always hates you.

I have to wonder if any of the times that we've fought on this map, has there even been unit that just happens to have a Longbow. Seems kind "ironic" that two Archers on the map and they both had guns.

Not really much else to say, outside of the fact that I'm rather unsure of Oil's duration. It seems like it randomly wears off when getting hit by Fire attacks, but not all the time. What's up with that?

(Crap, I just realized I made a typo on Youtube via omission. Oh well.)

I saw where this was going as soon as saw the opening configuration. I have to wonder if there's a unit listing that won't seemingly arbitrarily screw over Stone Gun users. Then again, I forgot the Ninja had Item and it's not like he couldn't have gotten Soft just as precaution.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Skip Sandwich

regarding oil's duration, it has none, it lasts until the unit is hit with a fire attack that doesn't also kill it. If the fire attack outright kills the unit, then oil is NOT canceled for some reason. Also, the elemental weakness from oil status STACKS with elemental weakness from equipment, so if you're wearing an ice shield /cursed ring and are afflicted with oil, you will take 4x damage from fire attacks.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

DomieV

damn i lost! too bad about  the map in round 3, my paladin was no where near my mediator....still, my ninja put up a nice fight. gg skip, hope you do well in this tourney

FFMaster

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Pride

Woah, I totally won that third match because of the Don't Act proc on the Archer. It was also amusing to see the monk's Earth Slash each other in two of the matches, and countering the other in to death.

And I do think Wiz teams are better when the Dancers aren't stuck with Iron Boots. They gain a defense boost already from a carpet.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

The Damned

That was a pretty good series of match. I'd argue that it was probably the best one yet.

Yay! The team with fewer Monks and the Dancer without Iron Boots won; I hadn't noticed another two Mimes with With Knives Dancer team. Also, for the record, Earth Slash getting Countered up close happened EVERY round. It's just that the Monk got brought back from it from it pretty immediately in Round 2.

This might be the new most humorous match so between the Counter on Earth Slash the first time, the demonstration of just how crappy Archer's MA is (off-hand, I think only male Lancer's is worse) and a freaking Dancer taking it to that OCRemix of Hakan's theme while procing Oil twice.

I have to wonder why the Dancer didn't use Phoenix Down at all this round. I was also rather surprised see how little MP the Time Mage had, which kept biting her in the ass every round.

Sigh. The computer is so stupid when it's in critical, especially when it's right next to someone it can probably kill. I mean, I know the AI shouldn't confound me anymore or, rather, I shouldn't be surprised when it does, but I don't understand why Pride's Monk went for Life Song over Repeating Fist when it would have been fatal to the Monk right in front of him. I know that AI doesn't see reactions and/or Mime's mimics (for the most part it seems), but it's pretty damn obvious it can at least see the CT.

Meh.

Yeah, the Don't Act off Gusty Wind seemed pretty crucial here. The Counter stupidity happening for the third time also helped.

Quote from: Skip Sandwich on January 22, 2011, 11:38:54 pm
regarding oil's duration, it has none, it lasts until the unit is hit with a fire attack that doesn't also kill it. If the fire attack outright kills the unit, then oil is NOT canceled for some reason. Also, the elemental weakness from oil status STACKS with elemental weakness from equipment, so if you're wearing an ice shield /cursed ring and are afflicted with oil, you will take 4x damage from fire attacks.

The quadruple thing sounds vaguely familiar, but I was completely unaware of that Oil staying on only when you die. That's...strange. I'll try to keep it in mind, though.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

FFMaster

January 25, 2011, 12:44:14 am #86 Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:27:12 am by FFMaster
CT5Holy vs Melancthon
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3

CT5Holy

Yikes, horrible matchup for Mel. Max damage from all my guys, and overall good compat between teams, too. You needed to land double Chiri to drop my guys and put me on the defensive, but there was no such opportunity. Some bad luck on reactions, too, I think. Didn't see a Dragon Spirit trigger.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

The Damned

We're in the Second Round/Set/Whatever already? I guess that means no Loser's bracket. I can't say I blame you.

Like Scooby Doo needed more rape-based Rule 34 (not that I'm an expert or even experience in that sort of thing, of course). I think this might have been the most one-sided match in the tournament thus far, even more than when dinosaur's Scholar had no skills and I was hitting Melancthon for all of 40 HP. Damn.

Melancthon

Woof.  Unfortunately I didn't notice that my Samurai had Masamune instead of Murasame.  My fault for not noticing, and it would have only bought me a turn at best.  GG CT
Just a collaborator plotting collaboration.
"WHATS ST AJORA'S DEAL DUDE!?"

FFMaster

Otabo

Figured I was going to lose against a lore spam team. Eh, back to the drawing board.

The Damned

Not much to say, really.

Lol at the only old team with Lore and Monks still raping everything. Not sure what to do about the former, though the latter really do need to lose Martial Arts.

Guess I everyone should invest in Float or Earth Absorb on at least one unit or something.

FFMaster

Barren

the rng really hates me today....anyways GG Zaen, your DPS ultimately won you the match
You dare cross blades with me?

Zaen

Wow, that first match had me terrified. Then the second match was on Warjilis, scaring me even more, since I always found that map to screw with the AI. Then the initial charm... well, I'm surprised I made it through, and I'm probably getting rid of that lancer, it's practically useless. GG Barren, that was a fun, tense set.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

FFMaster

Otabo

Yet another reason why song mimicking needs to die.

The Damned

Meh. Martial Arts is really the greater evil when it comes that, Otabo.

Glad to see you're okay, FFMaster. It didn't even occur to me that you might be celebrating "Chinese"/Lunar New Year. I guess I do always assume the worst.

Not really much to say here, really. Skip Sandwich just kinda got screwed and these matches, though not out-and-out rape (really need to stop using that word), were pretty one-sided.

Like I said on Youtube, this map sucks rather a lot.

Other than that, really not much to say outside of the fact that having Healing Staff might have backfired a bit here, though the Mediator wasn't doing shit anyway this time around, so it probably would have only delayed the inevitable after the Archer died.

Also as said on Youtube, it's rather weird to see a class with a Primary that can be Silence not only able to be Silenced, but actually end up getting Silenced.

Beyond that, damn, Holy is really damn slow AND it was barely a 2HKO on the Mime.

Otabo

Yeah, I agree that Martial Arts needs to be dealt with. Monks themselves need to be hit with a nerf stick, too.

But I'm dead serious about song mimicking, though. Am I the only one that sees that Battle Song is strong as hell - ESPECIALLY when Martial Arts is around?