• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:12:27 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Design a 3.5 Monster (N)PC

Started by efrate, March 24, 2012, 09:07:40 am

efrate

March 24, 2012, 09:07:40 am Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 09:16:08 am by efrate
Hello FFH!  Since all my dreams come true here, I am working to make this one a reality. 

I am running a 3.5 Dungeons and Dragons campaign, and I have a dungeon I plan on populating with classed NPC monsters.  Like A ku-toa cleric, a dryad druid, etc. 

Levels will be lvl 5 - 14, and essentially they will be in  their stronghold, fully prepared and set up for attacks.  At one point I had this fully done, but as with most of my old stuff in the movement, shuffle and loss of storage unit stuffs I lost most of it. 

I'm trying to stay away from undead and outsiders, and keep to mostly humanoid/monstrous humanoids/some fey/some shapechangers 

Some ideas I had once upon a time, use these as a starting point.

Kobald rogues/sorcerers.
Were-squid barbarian
merfolk bard
troll fighters

Prestige classes (DMG only plz) are fine provided they meet the reqs. 

If anyone wants to submit some, with a name, I would appreciate it and feature it in the story.  Bonus if anyone wants to set up favorable circumstances, like trolls with bows behind overturned tables for cover on the far side of a crevice raining arrows etc.  Or traps that complement them, or whatever. 

The dungeon will be a cave with connections to the underdark, a large lake, a river, and a forest, so basically any climate/terrain type is fine. 

They will be squaring off against 5 PCs, monk, wizard, cleric, rogue, paladin. 

Thanks for any who submit to make my workload a bit easier, and have fun with it.  Be mean but try to keep it to the 3 core books.  No ninja/warlock/marshall desmodus or somesuch. 

I am trying to get at least 1 of each base class, and 1 of most of the prestige classes in some combination. 

The head baddy is a troll shadowdancer + more, so that prestige class is covered at least, but otherwise, make me proud FFH!
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.