• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:37:19 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

steal problems in patcher

Started by efrate, September 06, 2010, 05:35:10 am

efrate

Hi everyone another question.  Is there something special about steal?  I'm trying to give mustadio come steal skills in his base class but with higher success rate, so I clone steal whatever and paste it over an ability I'm not using (one of the bard songs).  I then adjust the x value in patcher to reflect the changes I want to implement.  

I double and triple check, every flag is still the same, everything is identical between the two other than the x value I adjusted, and the name of the new skill.  However, the skill won't allow me to steal anything.  I go to use my new steal helmet, and I get an infinity sign on the enemy unit, I try it anyways just to see if merely an issue with having to go find something in tactext and change it, but nothing, its always guarded, no maintenence on the enemy, and I got nothing.  Help please?
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

philsov

hardcoded to ability slots.

Battle skill breaks and mighty sword breaks function similarly.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

efrate

Meaning steal can never be something other than steal? So I'd have to change the skills to steal whatever and change formulas if I want them to be the same.  Hmm, not sure about everyone having increased steal, but I could always play with speed growth.  Thanks phil.

philsov

no, original steal abilities can be other things.

but other ability slots can never be steal.  Good luck :D
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

efrate