• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:03:23 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

OrgASM time out?

Started by efrate, September 02, 2010, 06:52:02 pm

efrate

Quick question.  Does FF OrgASM have a time out?  Like between chapters?  I just hit chapter 4 and a lot of the fixes I put in aren't working, a similar thing happened in chapter 3.  Is there something going on or is this normal?
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

FFMaster

No. Everything should be working perfectly all game...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

efrate

I've lost the mighty sword effects monsters/non-armored twice, never gotten the rod formula to equal MA * WP to work, also the swordskill fix so it takes the element of the ability and not of the weapon also reset on me.  Any idea what could be causing this?  Once I reuse orgASM it all works fine other the the rod formula, but its frustrating, and gonna be a headache if/when I release my patch to the public.

philsov

loading a savestate from an unpatched version?
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

efrate

September 05, 2010, 10:10:05 pm #4 Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 04:17:08 am by efrate
I'm loading saves stored on the mem card for espxe.  No states.  Opening the same .img file in espxe (the one I've patched), going to continue, loading the game.  Between chapters it seems to time out, idk why.  With the exception of the rod formula becoming wp * MA, they all work, that one doesn't seem to want to work for me.  Once I redo it its fine but a headache.  Is it maybe because I use an .img not an .iso?

FFMaster

I use .img and never had any problems with FFTorgASM. Maybe try editting the files yourself with a hex editor?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

efrate

That's beyond my capabilities ATM,  I don't even fully know how to work with patcher yet let alone anything in hex.  I thought of maybe gamesharking it if possible if I can find the code, I can do that much.