• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:13:16 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

unique sprites on generic jobs

Started by efrate, August 29, 2010, 03:04:52 am

efrate

Is there a way to give generic jobs unique sprites like what is up on site here, but only to my team, or rather giving the enemies different sprites for those same jobs?  I'm not talking about just pallette swaps.  

Example:  my male wizard sprite (6B)is Sephiroth from the custom sprite section.  When I go into battle at dorter, the enemy wizards are just like shadows, solid black.  I am guessing this is because there is only the first pallette in the spritesheet, not 5 like a lot of the sprites.  Is there a way to maintain my sprite and give another one to the enemies (like the black mage sprite in custom sprites) or am I forced to have the exact same sprites for generics as the enemies?  I could attempt to pallete swap the existing spite 4x, but I am hopeless when it comes to spriting, or art in general, and would like it if there was some way I can fix this easily.  Thank you.

Edit: I may have found an answer but Oh my St. Ajora is it going to be a headache.  I can go through the ENTD and change the sprites used as opposed to generic male/female for everything to one of the repeat addresses from the event only onles between sprite numbers 34 and 5E but wow it will take a while, any easy way short of cloning and going through every event tab to make that happen?
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

LastingDawn

Well... you can potentially have two sets, one for yourself and one for your enemies, but that is a Ton of work, and you would need to switch Every job sprite accordingly. There is no easy fix.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

efrate

Well dang, I thought so but guess not.  Well time to just keep ramza and the 3 jobs I pretty much never see unique.  Thanks for the quick response.  That's too much work.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Mando

You could always do the thing I saw posted one time where you take a unique sprite change things on it and make it an additional character for your team.
Almost like having someone join that has a unique sprite. However, I do not remember where I found it.... perhaps under one of the guides... the example had gafgarion. That way you can take say.... Delita's Guts set from C1 and change it (cause c1 Delita's class is so insignificant it doesn't matter (just change him to a chemist or something.)

Then you get that special sprite / job in your group! Then he can turn into any other job ;o meanwhile having a special job that only he can become, downside is~ that whole it still will be unique unit. You'd have to repeat for others to be able to do that.

HOWEVER by the sound of what you want to do it would get close to the results your looking for. Just go look for that thread I coulda swore maybe under something like maybe mercs or the general hacking/1.3

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!