• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:12:03 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

changing zodiac

Started by efrate, August 23, 2010, 04:00:18 pm

efrate

Is there any way to use patcher to edit zodiac?  I haven't been able to find anything on it, and wanna try a serpentarius SSCC but I need to find a way to get the correct zodiac.  I tried searching and found nothing, any help would be appreciated.  Thank you!
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

philsov

gameshark is probably your easiest way to do so.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Jon

Maybe, change both birthday and birthdate to "unknown". I haven't tested it, but it seems that Elidibs the Zodiac monster has this as their b-day info, and no one else(?), at least Zodiac beast wise.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

efrate

I tired that, but it doesn't do anything, it stays what you choose at the beginning.  I got it working thanks to aerostar's gameshark faq on gamefaqs, thanks for the heads up phil.  Like I said I am just starting to play around with pacther, let alone shishi, orgasM, or tactext, so I apologize if I bother too many people... I do know how to use the search function though, I guess thats a plus.  ยง:-)

Jon

Post the gameshark code then please, if it works now.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

efrate

3005xx7A 00?0        [4] Zodiac sign.  Note that this is the high
                               half of the byte.  ? =
                               0 = Aries
                               1 = Taurus
                               2 = Gemini
                               3 = Cancer
                               4 = Leo
                               5 = Virgo
                               6 = Libra
                               7 = Scorpio
                               8 = Sagittarius
                               9 = Capricorn
                               A = Aquarius
                               B = Pisces
                               C = Serpentarius (neutral to all signs)

xx =  7F for Ramza (1)  80 for the character with index number of 2
        81 for char. 3    82 for char. 4    83 for char. 5    84 for char. 6
        85 for char. 7    86 for char. 8    87 for char. 9    88 for char. 10
        89 for char. 11   8A for char. 12   8B for char. 13   8C for char. 14
        8D for char. 15   8E for char. 16.

Straight from the Aerostar Gameshark Faq, edited slightly to put it all together in one piece.  This works fine for me, just make Ramza whatever at the start, I did after the game had been going for a bit so I dunno if it works before you start a new game, but I don't see why it wouldn't.

Zozma

id love to be able to set serpentarius sign on a specific unit as well thru patcher.. hmm
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

efrate

I am a total Newb (bet you guys are sick of hearing that right?) but I wouldn't imagine it would be too difficult to include in the next update.  Since patcher and a GS do basically the same thing if I am understanding it at all (good chance I'm not) just GS is manually altering hex by coding it differently, whereas patcher modifies it in a more user friendly way, I wouldn't imagine it would be too difficult.  I hate going through the make a code load the emulator then load the ISO, a streamlined process would be nice.

Random thought.  Could you go into the ENTD tab in patcher and find a specific character you want to alter on your rooster, then save, then delete it and if it is the actual character (by swapping from whatever other ENTD section or whatnot) would it still stick?  I know a lot of glitches will stay with a saved file even after dirty patching unless you start a new game so there is a chance it would work.

Xifanie

That's not possible. FFTPatcher edits static data only. What you're asking for is editing dynamic data, and that information doesn't exist in the ISO to start with. It is generated in the memory depending on the player's actions and RNG.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

efrate

That's why i ask questions, I obviously had no idea what the heck I was talking of, thank you zodiac.

Zozma

what about thru the fft patcher? any way at all to make a unit have the serpentarius zodiac?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

efrate

The only thing that seems logical is making Ramza's B-day unknown but it appears what you select at start up overrides that, so hafta to the GS -> plug-in-> ePSXe.  I just hate having to use yet another program to do what I want.

Doesn't appear to work with any other unit as well.

shikamaru2004

how about Lioneditor? you can change your Zodiac sign there without affecting the birthday.

efrate

I haven't touched lioneditor yet so it may be possible, plus I don't have everything for the program, anyone able to verify this?

VampragonLord

15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Mando

I haven't tried it on my other game copies. I'll go download those things tomorrow and try them out.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!