• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Now Playing

Started by Cheetah, April 03, 2008, 09:31:33 am

Austin

May 21, 2008, 10:10:14 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Austin
I'm playing Persona 3 FES, it's fun even though it can get repetitive.
  • Modding version: PSX

Bastard Poetry

May 22, 2008, 05:48:02 am #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Sex toys. I got a new job at an adult toy store.

Oh.. I mean.. Revenant Wings and Crisis Core.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

Cheetah

June 25, 2008, 05:32:41 am #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Just started FFT:A2. It is a good looking and pretty deep game. Still waiting for a real sequal to FFT though. But the thing I hate about this game more than anything is the freaking thing about learning abilities from items, it just ruins games for me. Same reason why I didn't like FFIX. Worth checking out though.
Current Projects:

Sen

June 25, 2008, 07:13:35 am #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sen
Are there any english version of FFTA2?

Cheetah

June 25, 2008, 07:29:16 am #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
It was just released officially in the US yesturday.

I have to admit that it is really addictive. They took a lot of ideas from FFXII, crazy amounts of stuff to do.
Current Projects:

gomtuu

June 27, 2008, 04:54:18 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by gomtuu
There's a funny reference to FFT in FFTA2. In the pub, you can listen to a rumor that explains "dispatch" missions, which are missions where you send a few of your party members away, like the ones in FFT. The title of the rumor is "This is the way!" :D

-Don

Cheetah

June 27, 2008, 06:37:56 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Yeah the game also seems to draw from FFXII very heavily.
Current Projects:

Vanya

June 27, 2008, 08:18:02 pm #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
That's because it's set in the same world as FFXII. It isn't that weird 'story-book' world from the first game. I'm enjoying it very much, though. I think they did a great job with it. The only complaint I have is the portrait artist is a cretin. I can't stand how different the faces are compared to the sprites. I actually like the sprites better than the first game because they're not as cartoony. Also, the character designer should be beaten with a rubber hose for turning the moogles into weird rodents. Moogles are koala-bears, damnit!!! >:P
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

gomtuu

June 27, 2008, 10:45:02 pm #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by gomtuu
Quote from: "Vanya"That's because it's set in the same world as FFXII. It isn't that weird 'story-book' world from the first game.

Actually, the first FFTA also took place in Ivalice. But since it came out 3 years before FFXII, it obviously didn't make references to any of the stuff introduced in FFXII.

Vanya

June 27, 2008, 11:01:43 pm #29 Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 11:26:47 pm by Vanya
Quote from: "gomtuu"
Quote from: "Vanya"That's because it's set in the same world as FFXII. It isn't that weird 'story-book' world from the first game.

Actually, the first FFTA also took place in Ivalice. But since it came out 3 years before FFXII, it obviously didn't make references to any of the stuff introduced in FFXII.

Actually it has been officially stated that the Ivalice in FFTA was not the real Ivalice. The world in the game's story is created by the character Mewt Randell based on his impressions of a fictional game called, appropriately enough, "Final Fantasy". In FFTA2 Luso is magically transported to the real Ivalice by the grimoire.

From the Final Fantasy Wiki:
Marche Radiuju, the new kid in the town of St. Ivalice, his brother Doned, his friend Ritz Malheur, and the shy Mewt Randell come across a book called the Gran Grimoire which changes the real world into a fantasy world like that in other Final Fantasy games. There, Marche joins the clan of Montblanc after an incident with a Bangaa, and the two set out to find Marche a way home. Marche soon discovers that Mewt is the Prince in this world and that he does not wish to return the world to normal. Ritz and Doned also wish to leave the world in its new state. Marche soon discovers that in order to revert the world to normal he must find and defeat the five Totema which are keeping the world intact.

As he battles his way across the world searching for the Totema, Marche gains many allies as well as many enemies. He also faces an internal struggle, for part of him wishes that the world remain in its new form. But yet another problem exists for Marche: Mewt's dead mother Remedi is inexplicably alive in the fantasy world, and is working to protect Mewt from Marche's efforts to restore the real world. She also conceals a secret, one that Marche will have to discover to have any chance of successfully reverting the world to normal.

From Final Fntasy Compendium:
Ivalice is the world which comprises the settings of FF Tactics, FFTA, FF12/FF12RW, and Vagrant Story. Although the connections are tenuous, there is much evidence that the four games really are meant to take place in the same world. An absolute timeline is difficult to construct, so for the moment we would like to at least present the common themes throughout the different games. Note that FFTA's Ivalice is actually a "fictional" Ivalice, brought to life from a book called the Gran Grimoire, and based on a video game called "Final Fantasy". Hence, it's almost certain that it is not directly connected with the other games.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Archael

June 27, 2008, 11:14:27 pm #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "bastardpoetry"Sex toys. I got a new job at an adult toy store.

Oh.. I mean.. Revenant Wings and Crisis Core.

I KNEW YOU LIKED THE C.O.K.!!!!!  :shock: !!!

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

June 27, 2008, 11:16:58 pm #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
We can't keep him away from C.O.K.

gomtuu

June 28, 2008, 01:47:31 pm #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by gomtuu
Quote from: "Vanya"Note that FFTA's Ivalice is actually a "fictional" Ivalice, brought to life from a book called the Gran Grimoire, and based on a video game called "Final Fantasy". Hence, it's almost certain that it is not directly connected with the other games.

Eh, I guess. I still think it's close enough, especially since the Ivalice of FFTA introduced some new races that then turned out to be present in the "real" Ivalice of FFXII. The FFTA world can't be based only on Mewt's memory of Final Fantasy games, since he wouldn't have known about Vieras, Bangaas, etc.

:shrug: Not that it really matters. :)

Cheetah

July 07, 2008, 03:29:13 pm #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
I finally got Wii Fit yesturday. It is very awesome, even though it calls me fat and unbalanced. A purely weight and heigth based measure like BMI is pretty stupid to use since it doesn't take into account muscle mass, but it does the trick for now.
Current Projects:

Xifanie

July 07, 2008, 05:10:41 pm #34 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Well if they didn't update the wii fit for other countries: for a JP, you're fat.
Whoever like 75% of all they eat is jsut rice so no wonder they weight so low.

And they're small too...
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Grandy

July 07, 2008, 08:35:00 pm #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Grandy
About the FFTA Ivalice not being the actual Ivalice, that leaves a doubt about how Montblanc appears in FFXII.

To me it seems they wanted it to be official, then seeing the bad reception to the game, decided to start from scratch just saying "Forget that, aye?"

Ryonin

July 07, 2008, 10:23:44 pm #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Ryonin
I believe the game they're talking about in FFTA is supposed to be FF12. Thus recurring characters from FF12 in all three games.

FFTA isn't specific as to what time period it exists in its own fiction. However, there are some old looking cars in FFTA.  Cars that look older than the whole series.  You shouldn't assume that FFTA being released before FF12 means that it's set in a world that has not yet played FF12.

Vanya

July 07, 2008, 11:38:41 pm #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Not to add too much more to this, but FFTA specifically says that the Ivalice they're in is constructed by Mewt's impressions of the fictional 'final fantasy' game he used to play. There is never any specific reference to any real FF games we actually played ourselves in real life. I think that Square-enix never intended the gba game to be much more than a sort of 'gaiden'-ish title.

Also, I don't remember where I read it, but supposedly St. Ivalice is a city in the far distant future of FFT & FFXII. But I don't know how official that is.

Anyway, I'm still enjoying FFTA2. But I'm not too happy about there not being any random battles at all.
¯\(°_0)/¯

gomtuu

July 08, 2008, 07:42:38 am #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by gomtuu
Quote from: "Vanya"Anyway, I'm still enjoying FFTA2. But I'm not too happy about there not being any random battles at all.

There are monsters that appear on the map occasionally that are unrelated to the quests that you're working on...

But anyway, who needs random battles when you have 400 quests? :)

Kourama

July 08, 2008, 08:06:30 am #39 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
Yeah at first not having random battles is annoying but after like 6 story battles things pick up and you should have no problem grinding your characters.