• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:30:47 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

confusing asm hacks in fft orgasm...

Started by Lockeadon, August 18, 2013, 12:40:34 pm

Lockeadon

August 18, 2013, 12:40:34 pm Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 06:18:09 pm by Lockeadon
alot of the hacks dont give any idea of what they actually do, and others imply that you can set an x and/or y value.... but you can't. does anyone know how to set the values for those hacks or what the hacks with no explanation actually do? especially the inherent r/s/m limitation hack. i have no idea what it is or how to use it but it sounds like it  removes the limit on the number of rsm can be set to a job as inherent.

also, how does the item: apply defence patch work? do you alter the values for unknown one and two in the fftpatcher or what?

also another one of the asm hacks in there says it removes the hardcoding on wall so you can use fftpatcher to change it to whatever you want but doesnt the patcher only allow you to change what status effects cancel eachother and how long they last and so on?

and finally i may as well put this here, is there an asm hack with a pa equivalent of formula 5f or 60, preferable replacing a blank formula? if there isn't could someone make one its vital to being able to make weapons attack a consistent number of times based off the right stat instead of ma. and its also needed for my swordsman/ff5 sorceror type class.

if its too much trouble for anyone to do id love to learn how to do it myself. there are alot of ideas in my head that i would love to realize into the world.

well i found a formula on pride's thread that does ALMOST exactly what i want, but i don't know how to add it to orgasm and/or patch it another way. o.0

edit: its this one Formula 5E becomes (PA + Y) / 2 * PA Hit_(1+X)
Takes everything you would expect from a physical formula.

and i still want to learn to asm myself, though, and how to use shishi lol, i keep messing it up
where should i start?

formerdeathcorps

As the person who edited the latest version of the FFTPatcher orgASM files, I'll try my best to answer this.

1) Please READ THE DESCRIPTIONS of how my ASMs work before asking a question. Many obvious questions are often answerable upon reflection of what I wrote.
2) If I refer to X / Y value that is not included as an option in orgASM, I refer to the X / Y values in FFT Patcher for the formula the hack affects.
3) The inherent R/S/M limitations hack was explained by Pokeytax in his thread.  Since I didn't directly edit that hack, I didn't include his explanation.  This is my fault, but that hack means that if you remove throw item from chemist as an innate skill, chemists can have their support set to throw item in the formation menu.  Vanilla FFT has an extra check to prevent classes with innate supports (Chemist, Monk, Ninja, Mediator) from being set with their respective auto-supports (Throw Item, Martial Arts, Two Swords, Monster Talk) in the formation screen.
4) As for the Wall de-hardcoding hack, it's exactly as it sounds.  Wall now no longer blocks enemy attacks and the AI will target units with wall.  Any effects it takes is purely what you give it in FFTP and nothing else.  This hack was made primarily for the people (myself included) who wanted to make wall into astra.
5) Raven has a tool that lets you convert ASMs found on the forum to stuff orgASM can read.  Search around on the threads linked in his signature.
6) Anyone who wants ASM lessons can contact me.  We'll set up a time.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Choto

To learn ASM, the first step would be to scour the tutorial pages as there have been several tutorials written about different aspects of hacking. There's also an "ASM starter kit" thread that gives you an assortment of files that are very useful references while hacking.

The best strategy is to read everything multiple times. Sometimes things make sense the first time you read them, other things make sense the 4th or 5th time you read them. Slowly, you'll be able to understand everything. And yes, if you need help you can always post questions or PM me, FDC, or Pride.

Lockeadon