• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:29:23 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Modifying abilities and skillsets

Started by Kib, November 02, 2015, 12:20:25 pm

Kib

I'm sure this has been answered and I think I've saw this answered once before but I cannot find the answer now. I checked the wiki, but I might have overlooked or misread the information there. But I digress and let's get on with the questions.

1. Can the geomancy skills(hell ivy, torrent) be edited and placed in a non hard coded skillsets (i.e. Mettle)

2. Will jump skills function when placed outside of the jump skillset?

3. Are the talk skill affects hard coded to the skill slot ( I.e. Threaten will always effect brave level)
  • Modding version: PSX

Xifanie

1. Pretty sure yes
2. No
3. Yes, but I have made a spreadsheet that will make it far easier editing everything hard-coded to skill slots. I'll release it after JotF's re-release. (I need to test it on my own since I can't rely on anyone here to do that and report bugs)
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Kib

Thanks Xifanie, I thought these were the answers I would get but, I was hoping jump had a work around  :cry:

I would love to help test, especially since it will help with my own patch, but between caring for my elderly grandmother, trying the be a college student after 8years out of school, and my wife already wanting to kill me for making my patch I doubt I could help much :D but I will say as I learn more about modding our beloved game, I will be glad to get more involved in testing and helping with other patches. Jot5 already has one of the big things I want to learn for my patch(monster hunts). But enough prattling, the point is, Though I don't have a lot of time, I want to learn, I want to help, and I'be been visiting this site for probably 10 years, and I doubt I'll be going anywhere anytime soon.