• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

[Spoilers] NG+ Reis

Started by Jordan95, November 16, 2021, 09:04:11 am

Jordan95

November 16, 2021, 09:04:11 am Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 09:26:39 pm by Xifanie
I noticed when learning new abilities with CP that the Morph option for Reis replaces the usual Learn Abilities option. Is there any way we can let Reis learn new abilities too?

Also, what are the requirements for morphing? When I tried I just got a "Unable to morph right now" message.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: Jordan9232

Xifanie

You won't be able to morph under the following conditions:
- You have started, but not completed the dragon questline (don't forget the new Bremondt fights)
- You have not completed the dragon questline at least once

There are no plans to let her learn anything in dragon form.

I also edited your title to make it more spoiler-friendly.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Jordan95

Right, sorry about the title.

So, I already completed the entire dragon quest line once (Bremondt fights too), and I still can't morph. I didn't try before doing NG+ though, I only just tried now after doing NG+ (I'm back at chapter 4 at this point in my second playthrough) .

Can I only morph if I complete the quest line in the CURRENT playthrough? The way you worded it says "at least once" so it sounds like I should be able to.

Also, I meant learn abilities in either form, not just dragon form. No plans for either?

Xifanie

If you're right, then that would be a bug.
We've never had it reported, but I also don't remember anyone saying that they successfully morphed her.

She's supposed to be able to learn abilities in her human form, if she can't, that's a bug.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Jordan95

November 16, 2021, 10:36:34 pm #4 Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 10:57:26 pm by Jordan95
If that is the case, here is my save file if that helps. epsxe000.zip

I don't really know how to prove that I did in fact complete the entire quest line, but I can say with 100% confidence that I did (I've easily played this game at least 20 times over in my life)

As for learning abilities in human form, you can see for yourself with that save that the option is not there.

If we need to move this to the bug reports post I could move it over there.

Edit:
I'd probably reach the Bremondt battles again in this playthrough within the next couple of days, I could post my save right before the last battle if needed. That way someone could just play through that last battle and then try for themselves

Nyzer

You were also playing for a while on an old version of the patch, weren't you? You might have something screwed up in the save.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jordan95

November 17, 2021, 06:51:12 am #6 Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 07:16:22 am by Jordan95
I was still on 2.0 until about 2 weeks after 2.021 came out. Something like that.

Do you think maybe it'll resolve after going through it the second time?

3lric

If youve completed both the beowulf/reis quest line, nelveska temple battle, and the aliste/bremondt battles THIS playthru. There should be no issue

Jordan95

Update on this. I just finished the Bremondt battle on my second playthrough now and it fixed the Morph option.

Although the Learn Abilities option was still not there initially, after I morphed her into a dragon, then morphed her back into a human, it appeared.

I guess it was probably just an issue with my save then. I wonder if the Learn Abilities option is initially not there for others though too.