• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 07:42:52 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Is possible to do this?

Started by Rfh, March 11, 2012, 09:14:21 am

Rfh

March 11, 2012, 09:14:21 am Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 10:45:35 am by Rfh
Two or more units in a team cannot be charm at the same time.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: rfh

Xifanie

Well you would need to create an exception to cancel the addition of charm whenever it is present once...
I don't know much about ASM hacking formulas but that seems rather tough.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Rfh

Well, if it is very difficult to do, leave it. I was hacking status effects on my game Final Fantasy The God's Tactics, and I need the state Dark/Evil Looking use CT, not to stay forever. Someone could do this?

Pride

That also would be tough, Wall also as a CT and is unused. I would either recommend using that or sacrificing a used status with a CT such as Faith or learning how to ASM yourself
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Rfh

I want t create a status that freeze charge time with more CT than Stop. I chose Dark/Evil Looking because it turn dark the units. Is there a possibility to make Wall status has the visual effect of Dark / Evil Looking? Or is it too hard to do?

Pride

Someone was researching some graphical data but I don't know if he ever found the palettes for status effects. There would be a lot of data to go through, in a lot of sections that I don't know. Is certainly possible, just have to find the right way to look for it.

Rfh

and about the stop animation?  (the sprite don't move, like in the stop and dark/evil looking status

Pride

Rfh

At the end, did you find the graphic data of the status?

Pride

Rfh

I'm really inerested in it, if anyone knows how to do this, let me know, please.
Thanks.

Xifanie

Learn to ASM hack (there are many tutorials covering the subject) then use your head to figure it out.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Rfh

Ok, I am going to try it again. I really want learn ASM mainly to change status, like convert Faith in MA up, and Innocent in MA down.   

Rfh

March 29, 2012, 10:09:11 am #13 Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 10:14:17 am by Rfh
I understand the Pokeytax's ASM Tutorial: Part #0.
Now this is attempt to convert formula 51 Hit_(MA+X)% in to Hit_(X)%. Glain's Learning Segment #1 only explain how to edit the formula routine sought. Well, The Xifane guide tell how to find it, but t where does the breakpoint 0x8005fc08?
0x801938FA appears in R5, but when I put it as a Breakpoint, the game isn't freeze in any moment.
I'm confused... I do not understand how to find the routine of formulas... And about edit status? Is there any information to edit them?
Sorry to be Spanish makes it hard to read a difficult guide in English...

Choto

The wiki has lots of the routines documented with notes, so i suggest looking there first. This will help you because you can follow the notes and understand what the commands do:

This is what the formula actually does:
http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/51_Hit_%28MA%2BX%29%25

each Jal command jumps to another routine that does some calculation, then returns to the formula and continues. To find out what these routines are doing, look for the location that it jumps to in the Routine Locations page:
http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Routine_Locations

once you find the routine it jumps to, you can look at how that routine is changing the data. If you see something like:

001865b8: 3c028019 lui r2,0x8019      
001865bc: 944238d0 lhu r2,0x38d0(r2)      Load YA

it means its loading whatever value is stored at 801938d0. To find out it is actually loading, look at the Data Locations.txt file i attached to this post. This file will tell you exactly what information is stored at what locations.

Now comes the tricky part. You'll have to write new code over the formula to accomplish what you want to do, because I don't think there's a routine that makes X into the hit% for the ability. What you want to do in non-program language is:

load abilities X value
store abilities X value as hit%
See if attack missed (I think this is the "total accuracy check" routine in the formula)
...continue rest of formula (you have to make sure you don't overwrite anything important)

Once you have an idea of what you want to do, you just have to write the code that does these things. I suggest keeping FDC's tutorial that explains the commands up while you do this so that you can use it as a guide.

If this all seems overwhelming, read it again later. ASM is hard to learn in one attempt, but if you keep re-reading things it will come with time.

Rfh

Thanks you very much Choto.

Well, my first hack is very simple. I removed Store MA and and store MA as X for all formulas that their accuaracy is Hit (MA+X)%. Therefore, the formula is Hit (1+X)%:

<Patch name=" All formulas that their accuaracy is Hit (MA+X)% become Hit (1+X)%">
    <Description>Affect formulas 0B,0D,0E,12,29,2A,4D,4F,50,51 and 58</Description>
    <Location file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="11ED90">
    </Location>
    <Location file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="11EDA0">
    </Location>
  </Patch>

Not sure why XA = 1, but I think it's really useful.

Choto

Nice! did you test it/does it work?? I'm so proud ;_;

Rfa

(I am Rfh)

Quote from: Choto on March 30, 2012, 08:44:23 pm
Nice! did you test it/does it work?? I'm so proud ;_;

Yes, it works. Well, I'm interested in convert Zodiac Compatability in to Good/Bad compat is +/- 12.5% and Best/Worst compat is +/- 25%. I can see the information here: http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Compatibility, but I want to put the Dark/Evil Loocking graphics data in Wall status, but I haven´t got idea where I can find this information. Any idea? 

Choto

Quote from: Rfa on March 31, 2012, 05:34:37 pm
but I want to put the Dark/Evil Loocking graphics data in Wall status, but I haven´t got idea where I can find this information. Any idea?

As the other guys mentioned, this is graphical data... We don't know as much about graphical data so I can't really help ya there. Somebody else might know but i'm not sure.