• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:52:40 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Thoughts

Started by Argy, December 08, 2012, 04:51:19 am

Argy

Hi All,

What are your thoughts on having Doublehand for a squire, for a 1000jp? Would it wildly
unbalance the game witb its damage output?

Cheers
  • Modding version: PSX
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Jon

What are your thoughts on it? I mean its your mod, do whatever you want. I think it would unbalance the early game because it pretty much doubles attack strength, you could prolly ohko everything...
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Neophyte Ronin

Unless you feel like buffing monsters so that isn't the case.

It used to be, Knights got this in FFV, but the Samurai get it now and, by the time you figure out how to get the Samurai, it's too late (at least for me; I was in Chapter 4 the first time I played--years ago--and by then, Two Swords of the Ninja was incredibly better).  I would still give either the Knight or Squire Double-Grip for the purpose of giving them an exceptional advantage in damage output, but also tailor monster health as higher and shields as being worthwhile.

Whatever you do, find a way to counterbalance it so that it does not become a glaring oversight.