• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 04:59:53 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Anyone from Brazil?

Started by Pickle Girl Fanboy, March 30, 2012, 07:30:16 pm

Pickle Girl Fanboy

A reverse image search of this image:

Returned this smaller image, without the caption:

And this site:
http://veja.abril.com.br/blog/augusto-nunes/videos-veja-entrevista/palmerio-doria-jornalista-e-escritor-3/

I need someone who speaks Portuegese to give me some context, and to identify the cop with the pepper spray.

3lric

Joseph Strife is from Brazil
  • Modding version: PSX

Joseph Strife

I'm from Brazil, that image is old, the link goes for a brazilian writer named Palmério Dória, the link is about a book he wrote about Maranhão, one of Brazilian states, but the book takes places when Brazil was still under Portugal reign, has nothing to do with the image.

That image shocked the country, but not mysef, you see, here in Brazil there is a lot of coruption and that kind of things happens many times. People that "thinks" they have power, like this cop, use that abusing on people, it hard to believe, but we still have it here, not so much exposed as this image, and no so harsh, but sometimes it is like that, unfortunately.
The cop isn't famous, and i don't know his name.
The context was if i recall it, the cops we invading the slums in rio, so all things happened, shooting between cops and bandits and that kind of things, nowadays it is more a peaceful time for those that lives in the slums. That cop was abusing his power to get the people out of the area. What he did deserves no excuses, but here in Brazil laws are light and nothing happened to the guy.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Panda_Tar

Me too. (Hello there, Strife, btw)

Series of viral comics took place throughout the internet due that action, the guy spraying the face of this, of that, on the wall, and so on. As my countryman said, it's a sad thing that the Law is not strong enough to punish this stupidity. The problem is that our Law has many gaps that covers misdeeds in N sort of ways, and there's always a way around this and that, so things are not properly taken care until many years have passed, while other things just are led into oblivion.
Always interpreting the foul side of things makes you fouler still.

Kaijyuu

Allow me point out that going after individual bad apples is generally a waste of time. It's much more effective to go after whatever part of the tree allows those bad apples to be there in the first place.

Don't waste your internet vigilantism on these guys.

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Panda_Tar on March 31, 2012, 01:48:43 pm
Me too. (Hello there, Strife, btw)

*moment offtopic*
Dafuq!? You from Brazil!? PM'ing you right now.

Back to what matters, of course, going after the reason that makes someone do a thing like this is of course more effective than pursuing that one, but it is of course a scene that sould never have happened.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...