• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 04:39:25 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

PGF got hit by a truck

Started by Pickle Girl Fanboy, February 21, 2012, 03:28:07 pm

Pickle Girl Fanboy

At 6:38 this morning, I was hit by a truck while crossing the road.  The hospital released me after about 45 minutes or an hour - without even an x-ray - and I walked about 2 and a half hours back to the library.  Limped is more like it.

I'm pretty banged up, but otherwise I'm fine.  I think my sleeping bag, which I was carrying by the handle in my right hand, absorbed most of the blow.  The knots on my head and my upper lip, as well as the neck soreness, was probably caused by me whiplashing and smashing my face into the front right portion of his car, on the hood.  That's probably where I got the scrapes and blood blisters on my left hand.

The only other thing wrong is that the bone on the outside of my right leg, just below the knee, is really sore and stiff.  I think I landed on it.

So yeah.  Advice is welcome, especially legal advice for dealing with his insurance company.

Eternal

My advice: get a lawyer.

Hope you feel better dude, sue the bastard for everything he's worth.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

As I already said on FB:

Denounce him
???
Profit!

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Dol

You should definitely call a lawyer.  They shouldnt ask for any money up front for a case like this.  If they do, call another one.  I dont know anything about the part of the country youre in now, so I cant really offer anything more concrete.  More than likely, they will send you back to a doctor for a more thorough checkup if I were a betting man.
Keep us posted, and I hope the only injuries you had are truly minor and you'll be ok!

Pickle Girl Fanboy

February 21, 2012, 06:59:43 pm #5 Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 07:09:13 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
I'm in Coos Bay, Oregon.

I talked to a lawyer.  He told me to call the insurance company, and to file a claim with them.  They will try to get it through as fast as possible, for as little money as possible.  I should try to wait as long as possible before I acquiesce to their pressures, though, because some other injury might come to light.

Basically, he told me what I thought I should do.

This is why most states require you to have insurance.

@GS: Link to your current avatar, meow.

GeneralStrife

there's no sprite to it, just something I made while fooling around.
Look's like you might get the lucky break you've been looking for..maybe you'll have enough money to start to settle down..

Kaijyuu

Screwed up world we live in if getting hit by a truck is a "lucky break."
  • Modding version: PSX

efrate

Thats for damn sure Kaijyuu.  PGFB I hope all goes well.  I would focus on that leg a big, I've busted my knees a few times and once you get it messed up once its very easy to do again.  Keep a close eye on it.  It sounds like its not too bad, but be careful with that leg knee injuries are a bitch.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

GeneralStrife