• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

[Old] FFT: Plus Bug topic (1.01C Beta bugs to be fixed in 1.01C)

Started by Dome, July 29, 2011, 07:25:35 pm

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Dome on January 02, 2012, 05:06:55 amNow, I don't know how to event edit, looks that no one is willing to help me, and on top of this, it isn't a huge gameplay bug...so it stays, for the moment

>Both myself and Elric have been answering many questions in Help and he's making Tutorials as he goes.
>I've made an Event Editing program that borderlines doubling as a tutorial in many ways, and now has tons of error-checking and shit.

You could... try learning actively and posting your questions in Help instead of having this attitude that you're helpless and no resources exist to try and help you?  It's not the same as it was years ago, you know...

Dome

The resources exists, but I don't have much free time at the moment and I asked for help many times, to no avail

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

RavenOfRazgriz

"Many times"

Back when I'm assuming you tried to get help, we had very few people who could edit Events, and EasyVent was either nonexistent or nowhere as good as it is right now.  (And yet - I've got more improvements for it still when I have enough material to warrant a release!)

Really, try again now, when we have what's becoming a very powerful and increasingly idiot-proofed Event Editor and and more people who are actively editing events and understanding how they work.  Try to learn some, do basic things, ask questions when you encounter something you don't understand.  Myself, Elric, and soon Jon and a few others can all likely help you.

Mojo

I'm not really sure if you consider this a bug or not, but I have not been able to get the FFT+ patch working properly on the PSP.  The process I use is this.

Apply FFT+ patch to clean FFT img file using ppf-o-matic
Convert the patched img file to an eboot using popstationGUI
Upload the eboot to the PSP

The game will load and function properly until you try and change job classes or support abilities/etc. (anything in that menu.)  This results in a freeze.  I've used this method with the FFT: Complete patch and it works on the PSP without crashing at those points.  Additionally, I don't get a crash when I run the FFT+ patched img in ePSXE.  So I'm thinking that it might just be exclusive to the PSP.  However, I do get some crazy text artifacting in ePSXE with the FFT+ version loaded, so I may be failing to apply that patch properly (am I missing a step?)

blarg

Dome

For some reason (Probably because of some ASM) FFT: Plus does not work on the psp version...

Prinygod

Warn seems to have the bad breath formula (25% for each status effect) instead of the one listed in the master guide
Check out www.mamehub.info an online emulator that combines MAME and MESS

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Prinygod?feature=mhee

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Prinygod on January 15, 2012, 02:22:39 am
Warn seems to have the bad breath formula (25% for each status effect) instead of the one listed in the master guide

It's inflicting each of the potential Statuses Separately.  That means it divides the final Hit Rate of Warn between each Status (Protect, Shell, Defending) and each one has that chance of landing.  The displayed Hit Rate is the Hit Rate of a single Status to land. The Hit Rate is still as advertised, it's just being applied as the sum Hit Rate for every status, not each Status individually.  Either Dome intended this, or he fucked up and meant to click Random instead of Separate so that you'd only ever get one of the Statuses but at the advertised rate of MA+80% but is derp.

Dome

The formula itself is formula 38 (100%)
But inflicts the status: "Separate Defending, protect, shell"

Dome

I will, but not now.
I'm quite busy at the moment (University)

Prinygod

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on January 15, 2012, 02:39:32 am
It's inflicting each of the potential Statuses Separately.  That means it divides the final Hit Rate of Warn between each Status (Protect, Shell, Defending) and each one has that chance of landing.  The displayed Hit Rate is the Hit Rate of a single Status to land. The Hit Rate is still as advertised, it's just being applied as the sum Hit Rate for every status, not each Status individually.  Either Dome intended this, or he fucked up and meant to click Random instead of Separate so that you'd only ever get one of the Statuses but at the advertised rate of MA+80% but is derp.

If that was true it should say the hit rate is 33%, also i have seen it apply both defend and protect at the same time and also seen it miss.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Prinygod on January 15, 2012, 02:00:14 pm
If that was true it should say the hit rate is 33%, also i have seen it apply both defend and protect at the same time and also seen it miss.

Separate always displays a 25% Hit Rate.  100% Hit Rate Bad Breath displays 25% per status... but Bad Breath inflicts more than 4 statuses.  (It inflicts 8 different Statuses, to be exact, meaning each Status has a 12.5% chance of landing.  This is why it can be so common for Bad Breath to inflict nothing, or only inflict something dumb like Blind.) Separate flagging inflicts more than one Status (again, see Bad Breath), which is made clear if you actually read the second sentence where I explain it:

Quote from: MeThat means it divides the final Hit Rate of Warn between each Status (Protect, Shell, Defending) and each one has that chance of landing.

Prinygod

January 16, 2012, 12:30:11 pm #172 Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 12:56:11 pm by Prinygod
"That means it divides the final Hit Rate of Warn between each Status (Protect, Shell, Defending) and each one has that chance of landing."

No were does is it say that the percentage displayed is wrong, so don't give me shit about not reading you. The BMG says that each status of bad breath has a 25% to hit and doesn't even add blindness, is it wrong or are you talking out your ass? Further more the description of the skill says add Protect, shell or defend which would indicate it should only apply one. Maybe the description itself itself is miss leading, but that is kinda what Im trying to figure out. Finally RavenOfRazgriz are you making changes to the project, or looking in to what I'm saying and seeing if its true? If not you should fuck off and let me report the bug, and/or description error.

edit. looking at it now it bad breath in this mod does add darkness, and the guide description of bad breath fails to mention oil. I had to look in game to see that you can in fact count, because the guide only lists 7 status effects

HebrewToYou

Quote from: Prinygod on January 16, 2012, 12:30:11 pm
is it wrong or are you talking out your ass?

Wow.  Let's keep it civil...

Quote from: Prinygod on January 16, 2012, 12:30:11 pm
Further more the description of the skill says add Protect, shell or defend which would indicate it should only apply one.

In case you weren't aware, the logical construct you're actually describing is actually called Exclusive Disjunction (exclusive 'or'): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exclusive_or

The actual definition of 'or,' also known as logical disjunction, says that one or more of the operands will be true: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_disjunction

Now, with that said, the ordinary language interpretation of 'or' is a bit less clear -- in American English, for example, we often use the term to mean both exclusive and 'normal' disjunction.  In this case, it's unclear from the context which is accurate so my advise is to not make any assumptions. :)

*The More You Know*

Prinygod

January 17, 2012, 12:31:45 am #174 Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 12:37:53 am by Prinygod
even the link to Logical_disjunction it says its mainly referring to logical applications of "or" such as mathematics and programing. In the second paragraph it indicates that the common use of the word "or" in everyday language is to be exclusive, but in some context it can be non exclusive. The skill description has no context from which one can infer, there for it is better to use "and/or" for this application, and reserve "or" for the more common and exclusive definition.

Dome

First of all this
Quote from: HebrewToYou on January 16, 2012, 10:17:43 pm
Wow.  Let's keep it civil...

This is not a troll-party (or spam)
If you want to argue/discuss with someone it's fine, but please do it in a proper manner

Anyway:
1) The master guide is still not perfect, and I mentioned it...there are still many errors on it
2) I've already said which formula is using that skill
Quote from: Dome on January 15, 2012, 04:45:36 am
The formula itself is formula 38 (100%)
But inflicts the status: "Separate Defending, protect, shell"

Neophyte Ronin

Several of these bugs have more to do with misrepresentations in online help than with game mechanics, though I found a few screw-balls.  The Master Guide ought to get updated, once Uni starts treating Dome nice (or he can get someone else to do it).

Zalbag's Arts of War:

Sometimes the animation for this power will go super fast in bursts, especially when using non-traditional weapons with it.

Speed Ruin's Success rate is independent of Direct Evasion, unlike Power, Mind, and Magic Ruin, perhaps because it inflicts a status effect according to a magic calculation rather than a physical one.  It means it's easier to cast Slow than to cast other ruin abilities, perpetuating a bias in the AI; if your character has heavy direct evasion but no Slow Immunity, that character gets hammered with Speed Ruin.  Was this deliberate?

Occasional Speedy animation when delivering a Ruin technique, usually with a weapon for which the original was never truly designed.  Nothing game-breaking--just goofy when it occurs.

Destroy Sword's Ruin Techniques trigger Counter Magic.  Counter Magic affects a boatload of almost anything with an MP cost these days.  It was fun and even productive at times, but I'm unsure if this was intentional or just came with the package from which it was derived.

Zero Vertical Tolerance Policy (and other online help goofs):

Attack with spinning fists; Range: Auto, Effect 3V1 Air.  The revised Online Help lies.  Spin Fist/Cyclone retains its old zero vertical tolerance and not 1.  Ditto Repeating/Pummel and Secret/Doom Fist. 

Chakra's range is similar to that of the Item command when used one panel away; it has no vertical tolerance because it accepts any vertical.  It's exploitable as it is with the Item Command.  Same with Stigma Magic.  Other than reviving or curing undead curses, Punch Art as a command remains superior to the Chemist's Item Command and it's cheaper.

The White Magic Regen Spell's Online Help says R3E2V0.  The Vertical Tolerance is actually 1, like the changes made to Protect and Shell.

Edited Monster Techniques based on existing Class abilities do not display their information properly.  Case in point: Goblin Punch is claimed to have Range 2 Vertical 2, but is actually Range 2 Vertical 3, which affects your strategic positioning.  After studying online help, I entered Araguay Woods and positioned characters so one could be out of range and concentrate on healing and defense.  It backfired--the character got wiped out upon their approach--and I lost control of the match.  Pitched the controller at the monitor.  (I won that fight eventually, and sailed through the rest of Chapter II without further incident.  Go figure.)

Secret/Doom Fist no longer deals Death Sentence as stated.  Instead, it cancels the enemy's positive status effects.  A Dispel with miserable range?  Either that was an attempt to further "Balance" the Monk or it is a glitch on par of remedies curing everything and inflicting Undead and Poison.

The Squire's Online Help for Cheer Up claims its Range has vertical 3.  It does not; the original was Range 3 Effect 1, meaning Ramza could be at the bottom of a cliff and still be heart.  Also, Cheer Up used on oneself begins to out-class a standard potion very quickly, thanks to working immediately upon casting, unlike the magic version that is cast while out of turn.

Finally, according to the Master Guide, Steal is not countered by anything, which would put thieves at a major advantage.  However, theft can be countered, or counter-flooded, since it is considered a direct attack at some level where direct evasion is involved.

Graphical Bugs/Glitches:

The new Pounce technique of the Coeurl series of panther monsters is interesting.  Watch them sail straight over one of the tall pines of Bariaus Valley for a few good WTF giggles.  It's too bad the ability cannot be scripted to take line of sight into consideration, so obstructions limit the ability's range.  Still a nifty technique; throws my party into morbid fear when the kitties show up in crowds.

Boco's online help claims he has Move in Water, Any Ground and Any Weather, but Boco cannot act in Water Depth 2, gets stuck, and animation stops (yes, stops, including ripple effects; Chocobos were never intended to be unable to act in Depth 2 Water).  I happened upon this first in Zirekile Falls while moving beneath the small bridge to prevent one of the Lancers from trying to jump my healer.  Instead, I fell in the drink and lost initiative.  Was this intended?  Might be better off with a traditional Chocobo if that is the case!

Two instances where Knights were replaced with Monks in Chapter Two; in both instances, the event script claimed they were different classes, such as using titles like "Fencer" and "Lionel Knight".  It's because the game-play is changed from the original, while the original story event scripts are untouched.  That's not game-killing, but it is a presentation issue, and thus the game looks like a hack.

Deliberate or not, when Frogs or Berserk characters attack, they use the Marlboro's Tentacle attack, incurring damage and possible Slow.  Either this is a bug or this is how Berserk and Frog/Toad are supposed to work in this version.  I'm guessing Berserk characters are supposed to use their weapon attacks, though.  That would make boatloads of sense.

Wincing at the AI:

This is just a nag, but since every human target has Move~Find Item, they could be walking along and then they take an Elixir out of the ground.  It's just annoying when this happens, because their battle scripting pegs them to moving to specific places and they'll just do it all over again after a soft reset.

Those are the bugs & errors I've found so far.

Dome

Thanks for the report, I'll work on those bugs ASAP

Lumian

Firstly let me say... Great Work! I am really enjoying your hack.

Now for my bug: 1st Level of Deep Deep Dungeon (AKA NOGIAS) it is possible to get Gameover if too many of the enemy 'Ramza Clones' crystalize at once. If they crystalize just one or two at a time, the game just freezes for a bit and ignores it (I am guessing you wrote in some kind of assembly hack to suppress it). But the Gameover still occurs if four or more Ramzas crystalize at roughly the same time. I got this on my first NOGIAS play through.

Dome

Thanks a lot :-)

About your issue:
O_o
Nogias' Ramzas are supposed to be "Immortal flagged" (Like guests, they get stars on their head if they are knocked out)
Are you sure you patched right/playing the right version?