• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 04:01:13 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Character Art

Started by cade11, September 25, 2008, 06:59:02 pm

LastingDawn

July 20, 2009, 11:53:16 pm #140 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm, well the Agrias does look a bit better, but yes, the hair could still use some work. Also that Beowulf is a fine start! Though that look isn't what I expected of him. He's normally shown as very handsome, but your interpretation of him is extemely rugged, which is interesting, I like it!
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

mav

July 21, 2009, 12:07:25 pm #141 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Fantastic. I love your style--it's very artistic, without losing any toughness. Beowulf looks very debonair, to me, and his eyes still give off that essence that they did in the FFT artwork--he turned out very well, but you made him your own. Agrias looks great too. Again, the style isn't like FFT's, which is really what makes this art stand out. She seems so rough, almost jaded, and has the fierceness of a warrior. Well done, well done.

Wexn

July 27, 2009, 04:28:58 pm #142 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Wexn
Thanks guys! Heres meliadoul quick sketch.. any suggestions or comments? dislikes?
http://basicallytonic.deviantart.com/ar ... -131111685

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

July 27, 2009, 04:59:10 pm #143 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
I likes it!  It meets my beliefs that Meli, while being a knight, is woman first.  As opposed to Agrias, whom I picture as a knight first then a woman.

LastingDawn

July 27, 2009, 05:07:32 pm #144 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Interesting that you decided to go without her hood, I like the expression as well as the iconic Save the Queen sword she has, though it looks like it dissolves into relative scribbles as it reaches the feet, but this is just a sketch and for a sketch it's quite good!

Art of War

Wexn

July 27, 2009, 05:33:05 pm #145 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Wexn
thanks! Yeah I pictured Meli more of as a woman than a knight too.. But yeah its still just a rough sketch... and future renditions will be made and i will be working on this piece aswell too! prolly today during work XD  Any suggestions for my next character?

mav

July 27, 2009, 08:22:31 pm #146 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Ah, Meliadoul...what an interesting character. You know, without the hood, she really is reminiscent of Agrias...though she is assuredly more feminine (as Kuraudo pointed out). I like this sketch--she has a very childlike, innocent face, and I think it does wonders for her character. Well done.

As for who to do next...I'm drawing blanks. I've always been a fan of Celia and Lede though. Heheh.

LastingDawn

July 27, 2009, 08:48:40 pm #147 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm, here's a Very odd one, would you perhaps  be able to do one of the Shrine Knights? Maybe Balk? Balk, has Not a Single piece of Fanart to him, while I don't particularly care for him, he does have a nice outfit and sprite.

Art of War

Kaijyuu

July 27, 2009, 09:36:13 pm #148 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
I think Vormav would be interesting. He's an old man that maintains looking physically intimidating.
  • Modding version: PSX

Wexn

July 28, 2009, 01:22:06 pm #149 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Wexn
MMMmm.. celia and lede! The femme fatalies XD thats an idea! beautiful yet deadly!

Ive always been a fan of the shrine knights... as of now im wondering why i havent drawn more! Those are some good ideas! Balk would be an interesting one.. since he's totally unique compaired to all the other shrine knights who wield themselves with either magic or swords, but he uses the gun! that gives me a good idea for a pose! I could have some fun with this!
Vormav indeed would be a good one too! I have an idea for him too! thnx guys! i post them up when i get them ready!

Wexn

ok ive been dead to this forum for a while.. but no longer! ..least for now. :P
here's my recent: http://basicallytonic.deviantart.com/ar ... -157503556
Wiegraf Folles... again.... as  a white knight

mav

I don't know whether it looks like Wiegraf, but your style is so gorgeous. Great work, Wexn, and welcome back.

MiKeMiTchi

Nice drawing. :)
You should learn to vectorize it, too (FFT-style).
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Wexn

OK, its been a way long time since ive posted any drawings here on the boards, and hopefully this thread isnt too dead as to render my post unseen lol, but ill give it a try.
just touched this one up a bit and then thought of you guys, so here it is.
http://basicallytonic.deviantart.com/gallery/10370784#/d2n7jl2
Sorry if ive already posted it up, but i dont think i have. I am currently working on some other fan-art for the deviant community, but i have started on some more shrine knight pictures.  So stay tuned ;)
I should try my hand at vectors, but i dont see my pictures being a simple matter to do. Atleast not for me... ;)