• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:48:46 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

AI and AoE ASMs

Started by Dokurider, June 10, 2020, 07:19:44 pm

Dokurider

June 10, 2020, 07:19:44 pm Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 08:54:56 pm by Dokurider Reason: Updating OP
Long time no see, FFH. I'm remaking my old ASM thread. This post will contain links to all future ASMs published as well as a current XML of all of my hacks.
Stat and Golem Priority

Dokurider.xml

Dokurider

(Note to mods: If making a new thread is problematic, feel free to merge it with the old thread or I can do it.)

Stat and Golem Priority Hack

This is a hack that gives the AI code for Stat usage. The rules I implemented go as follows:

• Stat Priority has (Level/10) + 3 floor in order to keep stat usage reasonable. In addition, Stats have an bottom cap of 3 (or 1 if SP) and an upper cap of 24 to prevent monster stat growths from bugging the AI out and 24 seemed like a reasonable cap. In addition, Stat Priority gains a Level/10 bonus.
  • Stat Priority increases depending on what the target's Support is. For instance, PA priority doubles if the target has 2S/2H and +1 if MAtkUp. This is not a fool proof by any means and can absolutely be manipulated. Nevertheless, I concluded this is the best system for determining what units need to be targeted for stat abilities. Feel free to make suggestions as this is entirely experimental.
  • Abilities also gain a Ability X/Y priority bonus. Stat Breaks have their X bonus doubled if they are using Two Swords.
  • Speed priority has a +1 weight for obvious reasons.
  • Brave's priority is (Ability Y / 2) unless Brave is less than 21, then it's just (Ability Y). This only matters for Chicken. Level has no factor in Brave calcs.
  • Faith is (Ability Y / 4). It will properly invert if said ability is in the Unfaith skillset. Level has no factor in Faith calcs either.
  • Song/Dances (determined by formula number) have their priorities cut in half.
  • Multi Stat abilities are treated as Speed+ abilities.
  • Quick/CT 00 has priority that scales based on curCT, up to 0x30. No Level Bonus.

I also reworked my old Golem hack to properly divide by current living team units. I also made it as a standalone hack for those who just want the Golem hack.

I had many setbacks making this hack. Finding out that the Priority routine clears out Current Action Data multiple times was heartbreaking in particular. I ended up having to implement a very crude workaround to even make this hack possible. Because of this behavior, I may never be able to make the AI reasonably act against Reactions/Procs. Basically, I'd have to save a copy of Current Action Data for every unit, which is kanji space and calc intensive. There might yet be a glimmer of hope, but I've yet to look into it and it's not a very promising lead either.

Regardless, I hope you enjoy this hack. Feel free to leave questions and comments below as always. Thank you.StatGolemPriority.xmlGolemFixFinal.xml

RavenCurow

August 30, 2020, 04:32:35 am #2 Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 05:10:04 am by RavenCurow
Hi, I was wanting to use your hack for the arcing aoe range. I was wonder if that hack works well as FFTOrgASM stats there there is a possible load delay issue and if that would be a problem. It also lists that it is attached to an unknown ability flag. Is this one of the blank flags listed in FFTPatcher? If so which one?

Edit: So after trying the ASM I answered most of my questions. The only thing is after trying it I found that it didn't do quite what I expected. I expected in to increase the size of the AOE based on how high the caster is. Instead it increased the AOE size based on how high the tile I was targeting was which wasn't what I expected lol.
  • Modding version: PSX
Ramza: Delita, your hurt?
Delita: No, really? Did you think I was taking a nap down here?