• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 04:40:35 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Hex editing!!!

Started by Verdeni, May 13, 2010, 12:29:30 am

Verdeni

I can't for the life of me figure this out.
Pfft... and I wanna be a game designer.. -_-'

I wanna know how to edit the character poses.
Instead of telling me what to do, would it be possible for someone to give me an EXAMPLE of some kind? <=/
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: V3rdeni

formerdeathcorps

What?  Why would you need to hex edit this?  This is entirely doable with ShiShi and MS Paint/GraphicsGale/Photoshop.  All you do is open ShiShi, export a sprite, and then edit the BMP files manually on Paint/GraphicsGale/Photoshop.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Verdeni

...I was told i had to use ShiShi to import/export SPRs of the edited spritesheet, and then had to manually hex edit the sprites back into the game.

If I wasn't clear enough, I meant the special event poses. :P

Cheetah

Be specific about what you are trying to do Verdeni. There are programs out there that can edit evtchr, which contains all the additional frames for sprites used in events. Then assigning which images are used during an event is a matter of Event Editing. No hex editing required at all. The only animation stuff that would require hex editing would be if you are changing a standard animation, such as an attack or walk animation.
Current Projects:

Verdeni

Sorry.

I'm trying to get to know the program better.
I added my ramza1 sprite with the cape,
so now I wanna edit the evtchr poses so he always has sed cape.
I already know how to map out the poses in an event.

Is there really a way other than hex editing to edit the evtchr? D:

I'm using the PSXISO.

Cheetah

Evtchr is an image, you would never use a hex editor. Well I suppose a few of our members use to do that. But there is a japanese program out now that makes editing easy, it is in a thread somewhere or maybe in the downloads page.

A quick site search of "evtchr editor" will give you lots of good results.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4252&hilit=evtchr+editor
Current Projects:

Verdeni

Thanks so much Cheetah!!  :mrgreen:
Now I can finally start perfectly revamping the storyline as practice. (: