• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 05:55:43 pm

Compiler Help, Please! D:

Started by Verdeni, May 11, 2010, 10:44:54 am

Verdeni

I've looked everywhere, but can't find anyone else that's having this problem! ):
When I start up the Compiler, it loads for like 5 seconds then does NOTHING. Literally.
It won't even give me an error or anything. The proccess just sits. Dx  HELP?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: V3rdeni

formerdeathcorps

You mean the event compiler?  That problem results when you try to compile more than one event at once.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Verdeni

Well that doesn't add up. =\
I'm using the events that philsov personally seperated from PSXEvents.

How long should it take before I get some kind of window/error? Maybe I'm not waiting long enough...

formerdeathcorps

Oh, then you have even more problems.  Philsov didn't renumber his dialogue boxes so the game is referencing the Xth dialogue for a sequence of events when the battle event contains less than X events.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Verdeni

formerdeathcorps

You either add enough dummy dialogue to fit the event descriptions, or you add change the event instructions to make it reference only the first X dialogue instructions instead of dialogue instructions 1A-1F.

Verdeni

Kay Now I'm getting another error.

"Instruction data was written from 0x00016000 to 0x0001614C. Text data was written from 0x0001614D to 0x00016247"

What do I do? D:

formerdeathcorps

Verdeni

LOL oops. xD
I thought it was an error.
Nevermind. It worked. Thanks for your help. (: