• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 05:58:45 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Leaving the Party

Started by formerdeathcorps, April 23, 2010, 06:09:32 am

formerdeathcorps

I can't seem to find the events that trigger special guests (like Gafgarion) to leave the party.  Does anyone know where these are?

Also, on an unrelated note, does anyone know how to image edit BONUS.BIN?  I'd like to fix a few battle conditions like the infamous "Defeat Dycedarg's Elder Brother" glitch.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Timbo

I would ask Cheetah about fixing DEB, I think they fixed this with FFT: Complete.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

Cheetah

1) Having the guest leave the party is just an event instruction. Note that it is usually in the last event of a sequence. It depends though. I'm not sure of the exact event code though.

2) I believe that Melonhead publically released the version of ShiShi that has the ability to edit Bonus.bin stuff. If not ask him. Though we did fix all these in FFT:C, but to the newer translations.
Current Projects:

formerdeathcorps

2) I checked Melonhead's 457 this morning.  It had the map titles but not the "Defeat Unit" titles in BONUS.BIN.  How did you do it?

1) That's what I figured, but I can't find a universal one.  It seems the Rafa/Malak event (at Riovanes gate) lacks any common features with any of the other guest character loss events.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Cheetah

2) They aren't in Bonus.bin then, check the other files.

2) I think Rafa/Malak joint in a completely different event from seperate from the battle. Plus neither of them are officially guests at that point are they? I think they are just NPCs with the Join after battle flag clicked.
Current Projects:

formerdeathcorps

2) I did.  The version of ShiShi in 457 does not contain these images.  I can't edit it.  Did you use a different version of ShiShi?

1) Rafa is an official guest at that point since she does appear in your world menu when you enter Riovanes, but doesn't appear in your formation menu right before you fight Wiegraf/Velius.

formerdeathcorps

1) Zodiac found it.  It is 7A(rXX00) where XX is the ID of the unit you are dismissing.  AS for the counterexamples, most of those came from the fact I wasn't looking in the right places.

Cheetah

As for Bonus.bin let me look into it for you Former.
Current Projects:

philsov

Quote from: "Cheetah"As for Bonus.bin let me look into it for you Former.

Me too as well, Cheetah please :)
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: "philsov"
Quote from: "Cheetah"As for Bonus.bin let me look into it for you Former.

Me too as well, Cheetah please :)

Looking to fix Dycedarg's Elder Brother in ASM'd, Philsov?

You can fix everything else with basic event editing, unless you added an assassination mission you're not telling us about.  :p

formerdeathcorps

You can't event edit out the incorrect text because that's dependent on an image file.  The event script DisplayConditions() only has so many choices; it's not like you can actually type things with it.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: "formerdeathcorps"You can't event edit out the incorrect text because that's dependent on an image file.  The event script DisplayConditions() only has so many choices; it's not like you can actually type things with it.

...Did you even read my post properly?

The word "other" means everything except the "Dycedarg's Elder Brother" problem, which was further implied by what I said after that.