• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 12:23:09 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Patched iso converted to EBOOT for PSP black screens

Started by Tea, February 26, 2011, 04:12:19 pm

Tea

Ello Guys,

As I wanted to play some 1.3, the easy way, with even half experience gain, on my psp, with the latest version, I went on my way to get such an eboot. I could not get my own psx iso, because of stupid I/O-device errors on every computer I tried. After finding one, I patched it with the patch, and then used FFT orgASM to get the exp hack. Then converting to an eboot, I thought I was done. Apparentyl not, as after the monastery battle, where Agrias runs back in, she does not and eveyone just stands there, it's raining, and nothing happens. After loading a save which throws me right in the battle in Gariland, I get a black screen after the formation screen.
- On ePSXe, everything works.
- Loading a chapter 2 save file, I have found no errors playing on the psp.
- I never had any problems with EBOOTs on the PSP before, and even now this is the only game with trouble.
- The iso I used as a 'base' converted to an EBOOT for PSP does work quite well.
- The patched iso converted for PSP has the same problems.
I think the problem lies with converting a patched iso,but I\m not completely sure. I would like to test it with a cleanly ripped iso, which I can't amke, as told abpve. Could anyone help me with this problem?

Tea

It's a 528.629 kb .iso fil, if that's what you mean.

dinosaur

Hmmm, I have a MAC and my iso was a .dmg format but I got that black screen and used an ISO that was .bin format and that fixed the problem. Good luck.