• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:35:45 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Lijj's Sprites

Started by Lijj, April 29, 2010, 06:45:40 am

Mando

When you get the chance lijj, can you fix this portrait? I don't see it on your FTP or anything as one you have fixed. As you can tell upon close inspection, you shared some of the color portions with the hair/eyebrows. This causes various color palettes to create undesired effects, but I am sure you are aware of this now because this was one of the starting ports you did :)

I changed up the colors I think it looks best this way, with just a small part of the color changing (doesn't look so blobish then)

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Zozma

something bothers me about the portrait, it still seems a bit rough somehow...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Lijj

Yeah, I'll get it next so that the male can have it's counterpart ready. I'll fully redo the portrait from scratch.
  • Modding version: PSX

Lijj

Remaking the Female rogue's portrait. Hair colors will be limited in the other palettes unless one can see a way to decently free up two colors. one would be easy to free up being that the darkest shade of the red is unnecessary.

mav

Right now the shading looks a little flat. So yeah, drop the darkest red shade and add another hair color. Go ahead and add a little more shade to the bandanna too--you have three shades there, just distribute them so more. It's just blowing my mind that with one color for the background, one for the eyes, three for the bandanna, and three for the clothes, that there still isn't enough for the hair and skin. Whatever, just one more hair color should help out a lot.

Lijj

Mav thanks for the suggestions..
I killed the darkest red and a skin tone.
What do you think of this paletting?:

Kagebunji

Hmm, other thing I wondered of, how about you try different eyebrows for her? She is a Rogue, so a pissed off/nasty/alluring look might work, pick your poison. Right now she has the generic eyes, which is good, but her class in itself requires different eyes. Just my two cents, I'm not saying current ones are bad, just thought of adding some spice to her.

Lijj

Not a bad idea at all. It would better match the male...

Working on a gif compilation of those rangers right now heheh... puting all of them into 1 big 8 frame gif so I'll get to fiddling later.

3lric

Nicely done Lijj :D a huge improvement

Mando

Oh I like the update so far lijj! Great work, the eye brow thing is a good suggestion as it would give the female a bit of zaz.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Lijj

Thanks guys. I gave her more zaz :P
I also updated the male again to give him a more masculine face as RavenofRazgriz privately suggested to me. (So Mando you may want to update your avi)

RavenOfRazgriz

Looks good.  Just one question:

What the hell happened to the female Rogue's cape/clothing in the Nanten palette?

The new portraits are looking pretty great now, I think.

Lijj

February 06, 2012, 07:44:05 pm #692 Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 07:55:13 pm by Lijj
What do you mean? R999's sprites aren't perfect if it's what I suspect

Here's Nanten w/ more highlight. (I did use colors straight from a nanten thief in first post)

Zozma

that portrait is much better, the bang was annoying me before as one of the main points

mav

I feel like the mask on the male's portrait is a pixel or two too low, I can post a suggest fix, if you don't mind. Have you considered other hair and skin colors for either of the sprites? They look pretty great either way.

Lijj

February 07, 2012, 07:03:27 pm #696 Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 07:16:35 pm by Lijj
I wouldn't mind at all. They do have varying hair colors but not skin.
I just realized I posted the female with the minor palette mistake.. I'll post an update later.. it's just 4 pixels or so at the bottome of the bandanna. I've already fixed it; just got the files mixed up and I'm busy today.

mav

Oh, I just noticed your palettes are varied in skin and whatnot. Very nice. Anyways, I've attached a crude mask redesign. Your call on what to do.

Lijj

I'll use it. Thanks Mav.
I'll also attack the banded pixel I just noticed on his right shoulder.

Zozma

I think thats worth using as a generic assassin :D