• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:59:59 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Artifacts, Treasures and their new role.

Started by LastingDawn, November 16, 2008, 12:02:32 am

The Damned

November 17, 2008, 08:34:39 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
As per usual Skip, you are correct. I shall edit that into the above.

EDIT: Double oh shi-.

New page and Chocobo Cannon sounds really really cruel; I like it.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

LastingDawn

November 17, 2008, 09:17:17 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well... with women not in your party (just two men...) that eliminate the...

3 Bags +

Chantage
Cherche
Setiemson
Salty Rage
Cachusha
Barette
Golden Hairpin, that's a total of... 10 thus far

Grand Helmet (Who really needs immunity to Blind and Sleep by that stage of the game?)
Rune Blade (+2 MA is already elsewhere... why use it again?)
Wizard Staff (The +1 MA is already on the Triangle Hat)
Aegis Shield (See Wizard Staff)
Holy Miter (See above...)
Judo Outfit(I knew I'd find one! Same thing as Headgear, except with "dead" immunity)
Power Sleeve(Exact same as the Twist Headband)
22 Appears to be... Blank?
Rubber Clothes (Come on... two items that have the same exact resistance? Is it Really neccessary?)
Wizard Robe (Welcome back +2 MA!)
Chameleon Robe (Absorb Holy...? Unique, but pointless)
White Robe (Same exact as Venetian Shield...)
Black Robe(Same as... Kaiser Plate? Am I seeing a pattern?)
28 is empty as well...
Spike Boots (Jump + 1? Not that... useful)
Power Wrist (Ah PA + 1! It's been a long time...)
Magic Gauntlet (MA +2, my old friend! I see you've been well...)
Reflect Ring (Self explanatory)
Wizard Mantle (MA+ 1... not as repetitive as MA + 2... but pretty prevalent)
+ 6 Dummies...

That is in total...
35 freed up spots!
Pretty wasteful coders. Well, more the merrier for us, haha!

EDIT: And too late on the draw! Eh, well. Thank you anyhow Skip Sandwich, it seems you beat me far to the punch, heh.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

The Damned

November 17, 2008, 09:58:31 pm #22 Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 10:05:05 pm by The Damned
I wasn't aware that you would only have two people (regularly) the entire patch, but I haven't read the entirety of the main thread.

Quote from: "LastingDawn"Golden Hairpin, that's a total of... 10 thus far

Golden Hairpin, oddly enough, is just a regular Hat.

So unless you're getting rid of it just because it's womanly, it's not something that only women can equip it.

Quote22 Appears to be... Blank?

Black Costume has Immunity to Stop.

QuoteRubber Clothes (Come on... two items that have the same exact resistance? Is it Really neccessary?)

Well, options in different slots are always nice. However, they don't share the exact same Item Attributes since Rubber Shoes grant Immunity to Don't Move as well.

QuoteWhite Robe (Same exact as Venetian Shield...)
Black Robe(Same as... Kaiser Plate? Am I seeing a pattern?)
28 is empty as well...

We missed these. I will add it in another edit.

I guess Light Robe ( 28 ) was supposed to have some type of Item Attribute, but they never got around to it; well that certainly explains why it's so shitty for when you get it.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Zephyr

November 17, 2008, 10:05:04 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zephyr
Doesn't golden hairpin give immunity to silence?

The Damned

November 17, 2008, 10:06:18 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Yes it does. It's also the only thing in the game that isn't a Hair Adornment (ironic considering its graphic) that gives you HP while blocking Silence; it's also the only thing besides Magic Ring that blocks Silence that isn't a Hair Adornment.

Archael

November 17, 2008, 10:12:52 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "The Damned"Yes it does. It's also the only thing in the game that isn't a Hair Adornment (ironic considering its graphic) that gives you HP while blocking Silence; it's also the only thing besides Magic Ring that blocks Silence that isn't a Hair Adornment.

you...

you.. have a way with words

LastingDawn

November 17, 2008, 10:13:28 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
You know... I for some reason forgot about that... I could have sworn only women could equip the Golden Hairpin, hah... eh well, it only protects against Silence, but... Silence is Silence, 34 free spots then, heh.

Art of War

The Damned

November 17, 2008, 10:44:26 pm #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Quote from: "Voldemort7"you...

you.. have a way with words

A way that is as circular as an ourburous.

Quote from: "LastingDawn"You know... I for some reason forgot about that... I could have sworn only women could equip the Golden Hairpin, hah... eh well, it only protects against Silence, but... Silence is Silence, 34 free spots then, heh.

That would make sense, but this is Square we're talking about. The same company who gave us characters who survive getting hit by lightning bolts, shards of ice, several lethal degrees of flame, space debris and numerous mythological ghosts yet die permanently by getting stabbed once in the chest when there's adqueate healing around.

LastingDawn

November 17, 2008, 11:03:15 pm #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Tellah! Now there's a proper death! An old man who exhausted every last bit of his energy to kill the man who was responsible for his daughter's death! Not that... he did manage to kill him, regardless, your point is well made, alright with these ideas taking shape, I think it might be proper for me to put up what I have so far in terms of weaponry to begin with.

Art of War

The Damned

November 17, 2008, 11:11:42 pm #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Wait. Tellah dies?

*hasn't played FF4*

Well ****.

LastingDawn

November 17, 2008, 11:25:25 pm #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Excellent game, wonderful characters, and whether Tellah dies or not, he will always hold a special place in my heart, now... where was I? Ah right, the very few weapon modifications.

P Bag - Partner of Rapier. A legendary gun unearthed near Galthanas. Believed to have been made by the same Runesmith who created Rapier. It has a Rune of Shell on it's handle.
{Color 08}Attack power{Color 00}:12{Color 08}Range{Color 00}:8
{Color 08}Legendary Gun{Color 00}  {END}

Partner of Long Sword. A legendary gun, light as a feather but hard as steel. In defense this gun is unparalleled. On it's handle is engraved a Rune of Protect.  Passed down through the Gelkanis line as long as anyone can remember.
{Color 08}Attack power{Color 00}:10{Color 08}Evade{Color 00}:40%  {Color 08}Range{Color 00}:8
{Color 08}Legendary Gun{Color 00}  {END}

White Staff - Advent (Passed down through the White Lion's line. It's power is unparalleled in the realm of magic.) Add - Magic Disperse

Gold Staff - Judgment Staff (All decisions made are decided from this staff, which floats silently besides the Judge-Sal)

Scorpion Tail - Reverence (Won from an Ordalian general in one to one combat. It's power can rival that of any known weapon.) Add - Devil's Grudge

Bow Gun - Treasure Bow A legendary treasure which allows the wielder to shoot themselves as if they were an arrow. Returning to the base of the bow once it's target had been reached.
{Color 08}Attack power{Color 00}:25  {Color 08}Evade{Color 00}:15%  {Color 08}Range{Color 00}:4

Light Robe - High Court Regalia - (The clothing of choice for the Judge-Sal, supplies no outward protection but it's magical powers are unmatched)The clothing of choice for the Judge-Sal, supplies no outward protection but it's magical powers are unmatched
{Color 08}MP{Color 00}+120  {Color 08}AT{Color 00} Physical+5{Color 08}AT{Color 00}Magical+5

Javelin - Longibunne - The spear that saved the world in times past, now held in the hands of the mercenaries to use as they will.

Art of War

philsov

November 18, 2008, 01:32:45 am #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
QuoteTellah dies?

Classic style, too.

Goes full avenge mode and then blinks into nothingness!
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

The Damned

November 18, 2008, 02:31:06 am #32 Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 03:15:37 am by The Damned
Quote from: "LastingDawn"Bow Gun - Treasure Bow A legendary treasure which allows the wielder to shoot themselves as if they were an arrow. Returning to the base of the bow once it's target had been reached.
{Color 08}Attack power{Color 00}:25  {Color 08}Evade{Color 00}:15%  {Color 08}Range{Color 00}:4

...That sounds really weird.

(What's with the Color thing?)

Anyway, I was going over the Item Attributes more thoroughly (since like I said, this isn't altruism) and saw that we missed a few repeats because we so readily got rid of the Bags:

• C Bag was another one of the MA +1 items, as is the remaining Aegis Shield.
  • P Bag surprisingly shared it's Permanent Status: Regen with the Chaos Blade of all things.
  • H Bag helped me remember that Green Beret and Sprint Shoes share space.

So that's at least two more spaces. I'll try to edit everything into the list some time before tomorrow evening.

LastingDawn

November 18, 2008, 02:48:50 am #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Ah! I hadn't thought of that... I'm rather surprised I didn't catch them in my cynicism... also the Treasure Bow is a weapon only weilded by the Treasure Hunter and you can guarantee they are going to be a really odd character with a weapon like that, haha! In any case, now that was have the Item Attributes finished, should we review and revamp the oriignal Treasures list? Or should we focus on the normal weapons (in which a few might be leaving...) for now?

Art of War

The Damned

November 18, 2008, 03:14:41 am #34 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
More likely the latter, especially since all that research I did only showed me that Beetle Charm should at least give "Status Immunity: Frog"; I wasn't particulary enlightened by anything else other than I was generally correct about my choices for the items I found, such as Malice Mask being a Helmet and Four Gods Set being a Shield.

With regards to the latter, would be discussing what weapons to get rid of? Or just brainstorming possible new ones?

LastingDawn

November 18, 2008, 11:32:34 am #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Brainstorming passible new ones is perfectly alright. And... was originally the purpose of the thread, before I derailed it with Treasure talk, heh... I'll decide what to remove though, no need to worry about that though. All I ask for is new weapon ideas for some of the new classes, Gambler and  "Seeker" come to mind.

Art of War

The Damned

November 18, 2008, 08:02:38 pm #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Oh, I see.

Well, with regards to Gambler and "Seeker" (*cough*), it might help to know what weapons you want them to be able to equip. I know you plan to get rid of Axes so that Gamblers can have Cards to play with, but have you decided upon anything else?

Any meantime, I suppose I should be straight you and say that I'm rather hestiant when it comes giving out weapon ideas at the moment because a)I'm getting rid of a lot of the same weapons you seem to be and b)you're ahead of me, so I'll probably be seen as copying you even if I suggest it.

Not that I have a problem with suggesting things, it's just that I thought it fair to let you know that there's a limit.

(That said, I also can't really think of any new weapons at the moment outside of one, which is both obvious and a Book, which you already have too many of.)

LastingDawn

November 19, 2008, 02:42:54 pm #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Ah, well Gamblers would equip "Decks" which also Oracles can equip, they will have 50% skills (to keep their use for Oracles who want to equip them, though they are PA based, the exception is the Tarot of Ben). Reliquian(probably spelled that wrong),  will equip Flails and Swords, primarily, though they can't equip Armor, they can wear clothes. Gamblers are much the same way, except they can equip Helmets as well as Hats.

Art of War

The Damned

November 20, 2008, 01:59:14 am #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Okay.

So, I'm going to assume that the 50% "Special Skill" is just any other "potentially activate on hit" ability for Weapons, but I'm not sure. Oh well. I'm also going to assume that Decks will simply be using PA*WP formula and have some type of distance:

• Weapon Name: Serf Deck - Description: "The most inexpensive card deck available to keep the unwashed massed entertained." - Gil: [Insert Cheap Amount Here] - WP: 3 - Evade: 52% (Yes, you read that correct; as much as it bugs me, it makes "sense" for the Decks to be the new Cloth for a luck-based class) - Special Ability: None.
  • Weapon Name: Noble Deck - Description: "A more expensive deck with superior artwork to keep the washed massed entertained." - Gil: [Insert Less Cheap Amount Here] - WP: 4 - Evade: 52% - Special Ability: Gil Taking.
  • Weapon Name: Tarot - Description: "A 78-card deck that is said to be able to used to divine the future." Gil: [Insert Moderate Amount Here] - WP: 5 - Evade: 52% (Did you think I would give it 78%? Hell no.) - Special Ability: Pray Faith.
  • Weapon Name: Royal Deck - Description: "A high-class deck made for the current royal court. Available generally only by means of aristocratic blood or theft." - Gil: [Not Sold in Stores?] - WP: 6 - Evade: 52% - Special Ability: Don't Move (Time Magic).
  • Weapon Name: Tarot of Ben - Description: "A one-of-a-kind Tarot deck with exquisite art that was recently stolen from a museum." - Gil: [Not Sold in Stores] - WP: 7 - Evade: 52% - Special Ability: Dispel Magic.

I only came with five of them because a)you said stores weren't going to get updated and b)I suck when it comes to anything card-related (at least that wouldn't be a terrible anachronism like Uno).

I'm assuming that you don't need sword suggestions since you're getting rid of 4 of them and I can't think of anything for flails, so I guess that's it for now.

Skip Sandwich

November 20, 2008, 07:53:15 am #39 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
Cards should use an edited version of the Cloth graphic in battle, made to look like a line of overlapping cards that reach out and strike the foe, but should have a book-like icon in the equipment screen. The Cloth's [PA + MA]/2 * WP formula should also work fine, with no need to change it. Anyway, since the gambler is an upper-tier class, thier weapons should start showing up during chapter 2 and higher, so something like the following

Solitaire: Deck of high-quality playing cards, sure to last a long time - WP: 6 - Evade 52%

Magic Deck: Trick cards favored by slight-of-hand artists - WP: 8 - Evade 52% - Inflict Confusion

Trump: Marked cards used to cheat - WP: 10 - Evade 52% - Inflict Death Sentence

Tarot of Ben: A special deck of cards that supposedly allows the user to see the future...for a price... - WP: 13 - Evade 52% - Always: Faith - Cancel: ReRaise, Death Sentence

As for the Antiquarian (rolls off the tongue better then Reliquarian), with flails, how about giving them range 2? Flails in all other FF games are back-row weapons, after all.

Wooden Flail: also called a nuchaku, consists of two wooden rods connected by a short chain - WP: 7 - Range: 2

Flame Whip-->Chain Whip: a length of chain with a weight attached at the end, that wraps around the enemy's body - WP: 10 - Range: 2 - Inflict All: Don't Act

Morning Star: A heavy spiked iron ball on the end of a chain, sure to make your foe see stars! - WP: 13 - Range: 2 - 25% chance to cast Choco Meteor/Choco Ball (Probablly Choco Ball)

Scorpion Tail-->Battle Censer: Filled with purifying incense, used to drive away evil spirits - WP: 20 - Range: 2 - Holy Element - Strengthen: Holy - 25% chance to cast Seal Evil
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com