• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:02:33 pm

Weapon Glitches

Started by Lydyn, April 11, 2010, 01:47:59 am

Lydyn

All right, here's the scenario, I have made all new weapons and made books and crossbows for weapons. However, when using books, the battle animation looks like a shaking pole and the crossbow looks like a really badly-done gun shooting. Here's the patcher for both, maybe I missed something;

formerdeathcorps

Each weapon type is probably hard-coded to its place, just like how the number of items is fixed.  Now, you can change bows to swords and vice-versa (this works because swords and bows share the same item slot), but their animations are probably referenced by the item number rather than item type.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Lydyn

I know what you mean. I've started to notice that they're all mostly off by bits ... I'll see what I can do about switching numbers, but, I may just have to deal with what I have. As far as I'm concerned in this case - mechanics > graphics.

VampragonLord

Quote from: "formerdeathcorps"Each weapon type is probably hard-coded to its place, just like how the number of items is fixed.  Now, you can change bows to swords and vice-versa (this works because swords and bows share the same item slot), but their animations are probably referenced by the item number rather than item type.
wroooong :D
i used broad sword as the starting gun in my patch, and the gun works fine.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Lydyn

Quote from: "VampragonLord"
Quote from: "formerdeathcorps"Each weapon type is probably hard-coded to its place, just like how the number of items is fixed.  Now, you can change bows to swords and vice-versa (this works because swords and bows share the same item slot), but their animations are probably referenced by the item number rather than item type.
wroooong :D
i used broad sword as the starting gun in my patch, and the gun works fine.

If it's wrong, you have an idea what's going on then?

VampragonLord

no, im just aware of the fact that the weapons generally worked fine, so it would have to be another issue.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Atma

what the?  how did you get the text for your changes to be in FFTPatcher?  
is that done in FFTPatcher, or did u use FFTactext and import the patched iso?

edit:
i've tried editing some text in FFTactext and imported the patched iso... i didn't see any of my changes, so i doubt that's it.  I'd really like to know.  it would make editing a lot easier.
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

SolidSnakeDog

Quote from: "Atma"what the?  how did you get the text for your changes to be in FFTPatcher?  
is that done in FFTPatcher, or did u use FFTactext and import the patched iso?

edit:
i've tried editing some text in FFTactext and imported the patched iso... i didn't see any of my changes, so i doubt that's it.  I'd really like to know.  it would make editing a lot easier.

I'd aslo like to know this.

Lydyn

Make sure you have v0.457 and select file -> generate resources.zip

Then go ahead and unzip it. Search through the folders/files of the unzipped resources and edit what you want - THEN put the edited text files back into the zip file. Run FFT Patcher.

Atma

NICE!  got it to work.  now that i know what it was... i feel like an idiot.  the resources text file tells u exactly the same thing :D
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

Timbo

I guess it makes sense.  Thanks Lydyn.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

R999

Have you noticed anything wrong with other weapon types (other than Book and Crossbow)?  There were a few others that I have tried that didn't have this problem. Thanks for the info Lydyn. I'll keep this in mind when working with new book and crossbow weapons. A glitch is a glitch imo, especially if it is graphical.

Lydyn

I've noticed it for all weapon types, though I'm sure no one else has caught it. My wizard rods swing like katanas ... for whatever reason. The best solution I've heard so far is editing the weapon in-batle sprites, but I'm unsure if that'll work the way I want it to for me.

R999

Don't know if you are interested in this, but so far..

1. Changing Sword into Katana = 100% flawless
2. Changing Gun into Ninja Blade = 100% flawless

I will update on this list as I try more.

Lydyn

Verdeni

Speaking of in battle weapon graphics;

Is it possible to change the palette for a specific weapon?
ex; If I turn the broadsword black, (For the icon)
is it possible to change it black in battle too, so they match?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: V3rdeni

Zozma

if i recall, i managed to change a bag into a harp flawlessly... or was it a cloth into a harp...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!