• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:28:28 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Japanese version

Started by FickleLemon, March 09, 2020, 02:49:18 pm

FickleLemon

Hello

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, nor if it's even possible, but I'm looking to get a dump of the Japanese version of Final Fantasy Tactics' files. I have a Japanese ISO, but the Event Decompiler will provide the following error when it's ran:
"Access violation at address 00456241 in module 'Event_Decompiler_2.04.exe'. Read of address A51F26C6."
When working with a US ISO, the decompiler will operate as it should. I am therefore looking for advice as to how I can easily dump the Japanese text.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: Fickle Lemon

Nyzer

We really don't work with the Japanese version here at all. Hell, a common thing to do in mods is to overwrite the space used for kanji text.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

FickleLemon

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. I hate to nag, but do you know of any sites or users that have a Japanese script?

Xifanie

Eeeesh. I'm the one who coded the thing. Sorry. I can't even fix it either because I lost the source code. 😥

I know the Japanese version has their own Event Editor, but it's GUI based and very tedious to use... no idea where that community is now either, they moved like 3 times to new boards and because no one fluent in both English and Japanese cared enough to try to unite our 2 communities. Just a google/babelfish translate mess.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

FickleLemon

I think I gotten into the game at the wrong time! Looks like I'll have to either search every nook and cranny for a website which has the script, or try and put Sugnuf's script into the game. Thanks for your help either way.

Xifanie

• Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

FickleLemon

This will do. Thanks a bunch!