• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Miscellaneous Tricks & Tips

Started by Lydyn, May 28, 2008, 05:39:55 pm

BeoulveBlack

November 07, 2008, 10:43:38 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by BeoulveBlack
you know, there is a box in the patcher that is unlabeled, but it makes a status cancel upon hit; uncheck this for transparent and it will last even if you're damaged.

Lydyn

November 07, 2008, 10:48:36 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Mind showing a screen shot of this with the box circled? :)

SentinalBlade

November 07, 2008, 10:59:28 pm #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
I imagine its one of the ones on oil and poison and such

The Damned

November 07, 2008, 11:41:30 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Oil doesn't have any thing checked off besides "Can React". Poison doesn't disappear upon hit, either.

Checking FFTPatcher right (since I've had it constantly open for like three days; my poor computers) now shows me that the box BB is talking about is the fourth one below "Freeze CT" or, rather, the fifth box in the first column. I checked this against Sleep and Charm and both of those statuses also have the same mark, so that has to be it.

Cool. So we know what one of the unlabeled things does now. Way to go BB.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Lydyn

November 07, 2008, 11:45:12 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
I wonder if this works with "Wall" ... someone should test this out. :P

The Damned

November 08, 2008, 11:43:14 am #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
I tested out last night and then I tested out again this morning just now to make sure I wasn't hallucinating (since I kept falling asleep in the middle of finally testing things last night).

Checking that box doesn't affect Wall because it seems that even when Ignore Attacks is unchecked, Wall still Ignores Attacks.

This is somewhat ironic considering that Wall also says that you Can React, but if nothing can affect you....

At this point, Wall status is just a more functional version of Jumping status in the Status menu: It's glitchy, but as a long as you don't have more than one Wall at a time (or so I remember being told), you can actually finish battles unlike with Jumping status. (You can also attack and Defend, as well.)

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Xifanie

November 08, 2008, 12:27:35 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
I do remember getting some stuff to work with statuses way back when I started hacking FFT but I could never manage that a second time. For the time being, it looks like only the duration and stack/cancel works for now.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Lydyn

November 08, 2008, 01:43:50 pm #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Duration doesn't seem to work with ones like Petrify though, sadly. I was just curious because if you could check that box and have "Wall" cancel ... then you can group Transparent & Wall to make it useful for enemies.

Lydyn

November 22, 2008, 12:24:17 am #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Added some more tricks.

The Damned

November 23, 2008, 04:13:15 pm #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Just to re-iterate what Zodiac said, since apparently I forgot to post this up after I saw that you posted "this trick", is that the "Disappear on Hit" thing flag doesn't seem to be something we can affect now either.

(Or that may just be the single status that I tried to test it out with.... I should try more than that.)

Archael

November 23, 2008, 04:56:21 pm #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
add the "Ranged Weapon" weapon property flag for skills

The Damned

November 23, 2008, 05:47:10 pm #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Er...you're directing that at Lydyn and not me, correct?

Archael

November 23, 2008, 05:51:15 pm #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
isn't it obvious

The Damned

November 23, 2008, 06:12:43 pm #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Well considering what I was trying to test with regards to the seeming non-functional Disappear on Hit "button" was a close-range attack, I wasn't entirely.

However, yes, it's obvious now.

BeoulveBlack

November 27, 2008, 01:16:00 am #34 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by BeoulveBlack
wall isn't the only status like that; it would seem that some statuses have "hard-coded" attributes, and can't be changed through simple hex-editing. the cancel on hit thing works in some cases...

...just don't test it out with the likes of transparent, wall, or dark/evil looking; for some unknown reason, save for the the "cancels [ ]" and "can't stack on [ ]," most if not all of the check-boxes do nothing for these three statuses.

The Damned

November 27, 2008, 11:27:16 am #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Problem is, I wasn't trying it with Wall the second time around. So I think I found another status that we can't really change at that moment, but I'll have to play around with it come December 1st.

Archael

November 27, 2008, 01:37:38 pm #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Wall and Trans

are gay

Skip Sandwich

December 04, 2008, 09:01:53 pm #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
The male and female singing animations are different, so if you overwrite one of the sing skill slots, it will animate differently on males then on females. The female singing animation has her hands clasped together in front of her, compared to the male having one hand raised up in the air grandiosly.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

The Damned

December 04, 2008, 09:13:26 pm #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
...Hunh. That actually gives me an idea, despite having already used a slot for that abilities that it work for.

Anyway, I guess I should say that the ability I was working with where the "Cancel on Hit" box didn't work was Stop since I didn't say that earlier.

savantopus

So you're saying we can't change the Skill-sets in the Skill-sets tab for FFTPatcher for  Item, Throw, Draw Out, Jump, & Geomancy?? Is there not a fix or work-around for this?? I just recently changed a bunch of skills in those sets.....
  • Modding version: PSX
Every word man speaks is a plagiarism.