• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:00:17 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Throwing

Started by lirmont, November 18, 2011, 04:12:27 am

lirmont

This is the start of another issue on Tethical's issue list. That is, throwing stuff.

Video: Tethical Throwing Test (video)

Download: Tethical Throwing Test

Kivutar

Thanks a lot for your work and sorry for not having replied for a moment: I'm very busy preparing my next trip to India.
Do you want a write access to the git repository?
Tethical, an online FFT clone

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Could we get some video of throwing in Vanilla FFT?   Because I remember actors holding the weapon in their hand and swinging a bit before throwing.   The whole item-appears-in-center-of-actor thing doesn't look right, and neither does the obvious 2D quality of it.

lirmont

@Kivutar: Couldn't hurt. You may come back to find bizarre-looking python code, though. :P I have the same username there as here. Also, have fun!

@PGF: From what I understand, vanilla FFT uses part of the melee attack animation. Coincidentally, it looks like an overhand throw, but that part of the sprite sheet isn't included in Tethical at the moment. I was able to get the individual frame (the weapon image as opposed to the animation target) to face the camera at all times after I posted the video, though.

Kivutar

I added you to the collaborators.
Your python code will improve naturaly with time, as always ;)
Thanks
Tethical, an online FFT clone

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: lirmont on November 24, 2011, 08:41:37 pm
@Kivutar: Couldn't hurt. You may come back to find bizarre-looking python code, though. :P I have the same username there as here. Also, have fun!

@PGF: From what I understand, vanilla FFT uses part of the melee attack animation. Coincidentally, it looks like an overhand throw, but that part of the sprite sheet isn't included in Tethical at the moment. I was able to get the individual frame (the weapon image as opposed to the animation target) to face the camera at all times after I posted the video, though.

Post your new vid, then.

lirmont

Sprite frame facing camera (regardless of parent object rotating): Tethical Throwing Test (video)

lirmont

Sprite frame facing camera (regardless of parent object rotating): Tethical Throwing Test Slow-mo (video)

Pickle Girl Fanboy

November 29, 2011, 12:34:26 pm #9 Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 10:59:35 am by Pickle Girl Fanboy
I don't really know what the hell is wrong with it, but it still doesn't look right.

EDIT

I guess I need to see slow motion video - which I can pause and go through, frame by frame - of throwing in Vanilla.