• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 07:04:44 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Question about FFTorgASM

Started by Philogosten, September 30, 2013, 03:46:31 pm

Philogosten

Ok so I hadn't done any modding for this game in years but I recently started again so I had to redownload the tools.
Now FFTorgASM has a lot more options than it used to. My problem is that many of the options don't explain what they do. The formula ones I get but there is a lot of stuff like "Sprite hack [Special units and generic humans]" and in the area where the description for formulas normally is it just says that exact thing again. It has me a bit frustrated since I googled around but cant seem to find any information on what these options mean. Is there a list of what the options actually do somewhere?
Now taking bets on which kills me first. lung cancer or liver failure

Paheej

Quote from: Philogosten on September 30, 2013, 03:46:31 pm
Ok so I hadn't done any modding for this game in years but I recently started again so I had to redownload the tools.
Now FFTorgASM has a lot more options than it used to. My problem is that many of the options don't explain what they do. The formula ones I get but there is a lot of stuff like "Sprite hack [Special units and generic humans]" and in the area where the description for formulas normally is it just says that exact thing again. It has me a bit frustrated since I googled around but cant seem to find any information on what these options mean. Is there a list of what the options actually do somewhere?

"Zodiac.XML" has these for the values for reference purposes:

<Patch name="Sprite Hack (special units, generic humans and generic monsters)">
<Location offset="00020AE4" file="BATTLE_BIN"> FFFF4230 FFFF422C </Location>
</Patch>

(I honestly have been out of the loop for a while and am more interested in War of the Lions modding - however figured I would post that here in case their is any more discussion about these particular offsets/values - to help with searching).