• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 11:59:20 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Help with editng unit.bin thing

Started by Omnicloud, March 21, 2010, 02:14:50 pm

Omnicloud

i was reading cidIII's tut. on how to use custom spirtes  i got to the unit,bin and the wildface.bin steps. there confusing and i dont understand it at all can some be nice enough to take screen shots to get me through this part thx
plz help this poor noob   :(

CidIII

Okay, I'm going to answer your PM here, so everyone can see it.

Step #8: BATTLE Spritesheet and left front facing view facing??

Your BATTLE Spritesheet, is the spritesheet used in battle, (Walking and fight animations), it looks like this:

So you are going to want to open that BATTLE Sprite sheet in a image editing software, and obtain a 24X40 pixel image looking similar to this:

It's the sprite merely standing facing the to the left, and facing front diagonally.

*Also, there is a tip hidden by a spoiler button right under Step #8 that should help you with making the 24X40 pixel 'UNIT.bin' picture.
I refuse to play Final Fantasy Tactics again until I am able to do my FF6 patch! And, FFT 1.3 doesn't technically count as FFT: so there!