• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:50:09 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Lijj's Sprites

Started by Lijj, April 29, 2010, 06:45:40 am

Lijj

Male Parivir:
With custom fighting arms. I used the arms from Zalmo for the walking frames (top set of arms) but because I wanted this to be a type 1 I had to draw each arm referencing a type one as I went. It's the smallest type one sprite made I think but, unique because I also just drew the fighting frame's legs from scratch. It may also be the only sprite with an inverted stance... Its left foot goes back when attacking rather than its right. I thoroghly tested all the frames. but still need to run it in-game.
:oops:went a little crazy on the tag this time...
  • Modding version: PSX

GeneralStrife

Now THAT is good. Shading looks odd on some of the arms at the bottom but thats a unique sprite.

Lijj

Thanks General Strife
Hopefully those are the ones that go behind the body; I didn't put any love where it isn't needed.. I'm pretty sure cause I went through the frames like 50 times heh. I'm going to check it out in-game though to make sure the sword line up perfectly etc.
:cool: Nay to OJ btw GS!

Cheetah

Very interesting concept Lijj. I'm not so sure about the poofy sleeves, but it should look cool animated.
Current Projects:

Lijj

May 03, 2011, 04:51:24 am #444 Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 04:53:50 am by Lijj
I can certainly understand about the sleeves..  what I thought when I first put together the five standing frames, was that  it's almost bird like-- but once they move they look better. I'll post some gifs or a video preview of the animations soon.

It is based on the art from FFTAII-
but I gave it a little bit of a longer tie around the waist. I also thought of Fei:

I changed the hair on all frames and fixed some errors:

old-new-

Edit: I should have said loosely based on the fftaII image.

Wolfran

Ohhhh, I wanted to do parivir but I didn't know how to start :(, anyway I like it a lot but some details need to be fix like the belt and the pony-tail, in some frames looks too round and others pointy, also you can do it with dark hair as the reference when you'll do the other palletes. Maybe tomorrow I'll post a painting that my older brother did a very long time and maybe it could help you. I'm really excited with this. ^^
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Mando

I am very glad you took the tine to fdo this for the patch I am working on Lijj. Very awesome sprite and very unique. I hope I can clean up the female ronin sprite mire so that they make a solid " generic set ". Btw whenever the portrait is done I'm so dibs on using it as my FFH avatar

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Kagebunji

Arms are looking great, even though I am not a big fan of them myself, mainly cause they are almost longer than his chest and legs combined, hehe. But like I said, it looks great. I wondered about the head though, is he wearing a bandana? I remember the last version without bandana, his head was pretty small back then. Maybe try using Female Thief as ref? I find it small yet again. Last thing, I cannot escape the thought it would look even better if his pants were same color as the FFTA2 design, but I dunno if this won't screw the sprite, since dark colors are often tricky.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Lijj

May 03, 2011, 04:07:12 pm #448 Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 04:09:14 pm by Lijj
Alright Mando you can use the portrait for an avi.. coming up but you have to get rid of that graphical sigg once it's implemented. :twisted:
I'd love to see a painting of a Parivir Wolfran. I'll check the frames again today but I'm sure the belt was a plus; I will investigate the ponytail though as well.
You're right about the head Kage but I don't want to give him a headband. He has the same size head as a monk but because his hair's pulled back it's 1px shorter. The palette which matches in game well, based off of female archer's colors iirc uses a white with the eyes so darkening the pants would be hard unfortunately. I'll try to make the other 4 palettes interesting as I can though. I can feel you about the arms, they are a little wacky but look good and line up with the weapons perfectly. I tested the hell out of it in-game last night.
Thanks to Twinees also for going through the arms etc. also for I missed a couple arms (shading-wise) and made a silly little error in the walking frames that he caught. :oops:

Kagebunji

Cool, if you say it works, it must work, hehe. I am eager to see the portrait, heh.

Mando

Ok you have a deal lijj. I'll just have to start on the Team "Hard Wark" sigs after today then.

mav

I'm not the biggest fan of the sleeves, just cause they're so long. I feel like the pants need to be lower and baggier to match the artwork a little better. Not bad though.

Wolfran

WARNING, HEAVY IMAGE!!!!!
My brother did it like 10 years ago or even more, in those days he started his course on arts.

Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Kagebunji

He STARTED? This looks like some real pro drawing, nothing like my scribbles :/

GeneralStrife

May 04, 2011, 05:55:28 pm #454 Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 05:57:01 pm by GeneralStrife
Badass drawing. Hard to tell with that big ass picture though. Want me to resize it wolf? If so, any paticular size?

GeneralStrife

I did it anyway XD

Lijj

Ah the re-size is easier to follow.. Great drawing.. why not talk your brother into making a sprite or two heheh. Thanks for posting Wolfran.

Celdia

We need more sprite concept art like that around here.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Mando

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on May 05, 2011, 03:06:25 am
I agree with shortening the sleeves on that Paravir sprite. He looks really badass otherwise but the sleeves seem comically long.

His sleeves are appropriate when you consider the source. Changing the sleeves extensively would take away from the fact its based off ffta2's parivir.