• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:59:19 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

ENTD issues

Started by Blandation31, December 13, 2019, 05:15:30 pm

Blandation31

Is ENTD normally just bad/non functional on PSP?  I was trying to create my own party through joining after events/battles but it doesn't appear to work properly.

I've added characters into a story event, and while they will appear, they will not join after event regardless of how many different combinations I've tried (join after battle, always appear most notably).    Additionally, when attempting to add characters into random battles, they just don't show up.

Is there an easier way to do this?  Typically I like adding the -actual- character, ie. Gaffgarion with the correct formation quote, etc.   This is obviously less relevant with enemy characters since they don't have one.   Any help would be appreciated!

Also, I should mention that the password retrieve doesn't appear to work.   I never got a reset e-mail (yes, I checked in spam  :) ) so I had to make a new account.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

BleuVII

I was able to use ENTD extensively on FFT: Emergence, so i know it works. I never messed with the "join after battle" flag though.
  • Modding version: WotL

Nyzer

I never had a problem with a personal patch for making characters join.

But you need to be way more specific about what you're doing. Like, is this other character an enemy? Because that's something I've never tried. Just copy exactly what you see another permanent joining character in another event doing.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Blandation31

I figured it out.  It appears that the Mandalia Plains are named incorrectly...I tried editing west and east at the start of the game to no avail but when choosing south (which should be from the Brigand's fort I believe) it worked.   An easy mix-up, considering most of the battles are similar on that map.   Join after event works just fine here.

I did try to copy the flags from scenes where characters do join into other story scenes, but to no avail.  I've exclusively only done this on the PSX version and only in battles, never story scenes.  For example: I placed Izlude and a few others into the scene outside of Igros at the start of Chapter 1.  The characters were definitely there, but no join prompt appears at the end of the scene.

I will double check everything and report back.   I did not pay attention to whether or not they were marked red or blue....not sure if this matters in a story scene.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL