• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 29, 2024, 05:27:59 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

The Balbanes Sprite Topic (Sprite Completed)

Started by Bloodthirster0, August 26, 2009, 09:05:15 pm

mav

August 28, 2009, 08:38:41 pm #40 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Quote from: "Sen"what about close to Zalbag's clothes instead?
That'd be perfect with what I mentioned earlier, with the cape and all that nonsense. While Ch. 1 Ramza emulated Balbanes pretty well he looked like kinda boyish. Zalbag, on the other hand looked like a fucking badass knight.

Zalge

August 28, 2009, 09:21:36 pm #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zalge
I know its kind of a stupid way of going about it, but I'm trying to make a General Balbanes sprite, right? Well, in doing so, I started removing Orlandeau's hood and cape because I'm going to be using it as a base.  Then I got to thinking that I should complete it before starting General Balbanes. But first... I have two examples, but there is a slight difference. Brownie points if you can find it.

Its simply Orlandeau with his hood edited out, his hair filled out and with recolored Delita's shoulder pads and shirt/armor thing from Delita CH 1

DarthPaul

August 28, 2009, 09:30:13 pm #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
The difference is the right one is down one pixel.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Zalge

August 28, 2009, 09:33:26 pm #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zalge
Er, no, not that. Its two colors on the sprite in the bottom right of his abs from his direction. There is a slight color difference. I wasn't sure which I liked best. I know it isn't a big difference, but it could make a big difference in the long run.

Also, it would be 4 pixels down since its blown up 400%

mav

August 28, 2009, 09:43:23 pm #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Why not just use Ch. 2 Delita's whole sprite as a base? No hood and everything's set, aside from a head swap and recolor.

Zalge

August 28, 2009, 10:14:48 pm #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zalge
Well, I wanted General Balbanes to have armor very similar to Orlandeau. I'm not sure what I'm going to change once the full Hoodless Orlandeau is complete, maybe add a cape, I dunno. For now Orlandeau is my priority.

Bloodthirster0

August 28, 2009, 11:28:36 pm #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bloodthirster0
no capes,Balbanes doesnt wear capes,the sprite is pretty easy to edit and turn it to Balbanes,just change the head and the colors,Purple for Black tones and Red for Golden tones
Need something useful to write here

RolyTunedIn

August 28, 2009, 11:33:03 pm #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by RolyTunedIn
Quote from: "Bloodthirster0"I really hate Ch.1 Ramza outfit,it doesnt fits well in battles and it looks like a dress,but I think I can make something nice with it and add pants,Balbanes must have pants,Im currently choosing parts for RolyTunedIn drawing:

Delita 2 Arms
Wiegraf Ch.1 or Orlandu legs
Still deciding the chest plate,maybe Zalbag's

it is going to be Black/Golden without cape

btw,when I was customizing Orlandu legs for Balbanes,it looked very weird without the cape

I also did the armor/robe Balbanes,it sucks a lot,I will post it later

kind of funny you mentioned those. i used delita's arm, orlandu's legs and chapter 2 ramza chest plate to draw him.

Zalge

August 28, 2009, 11:44:44 pm #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zalge
Bloodthirster, please stop acting like you OWN Balbanes. Its been made clear his portrait was on his deathbed, and he is therefore not wearing his armor. His colors are not necessarily black and gold and the cape is a matter of the artist's choice. You're really starting to annoy me with turning down the idea for capes on a character who doesn't have a normal sprite or portrait of him in a military uniform. He doesn't even have any released concept art. I don't see where you get off determining what he is and what he isn't.

I'm sorry if I'm being a little harsh, but its just annoying me. I'll make Balbanes my way, you make him yours. I'll take suggestions, just not you stating things outright as though they are fact like, "Balbanes doesn't wear capes." Who the hell said that except you?

I really am sorry, but you can't determine a character's traits on your own when the traits you're determining are ones that effect someone's work and especially when you don't even own the character.

I'm sorry, I keep ranting every time I try to apologize.

Anyway, I'm going to finish the Orlandeau Sprite and use it as a base for my General Balbanes Sprite and maybe use CH 1 Ramza for Young Balbanes's base

Bloodthirster0

August 29, 2009, 12:14:59 am #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bloodthirster0
sorry man,Its just my personal view for Balbanes,like most characters wear capes,having one that dont wear a cape would be nice and after a ton of sprites that I recolored to see a good color setup I just find out that black and gold is very nice combinations and there arent any sprites with that color combinations.

I also though that such thing would happen,since Balbanes is a legend and everyone has a kind of Balbanes in mind,and everyone who suggest something will suggest his Balbanes view,this topic just showed tons of Balbanes ideas,all great ideas,I first tried to follow the portrait and the sprite,but it showed useless at all,since it caused a discussion about how about the sprite shoul look,the deathbed,retired,Knight,Valiant,General,Young lots of variations.

but anyways,sorry for stressing you,I hope this dont happens anymore
Need something useful to write here

RolyTunedIn

August 29, 2009, 12:30:45 am #50 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by RolyTunedIn
my first idea was to draw balbanes with a cape, but i changed my mind... although he would look good with one(kind of makes him sound more powerful). for some reason i'm beginning to think that the one character everyone wanted most is going to be more than they wanted lol... haven't seen the sprite thread this active in a while...

MiKeMiTchi

August 29, 2009, 01:06:31 am #51 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
QuoteBloodthirster, please stop acting like you OWN Balbanes. Its been made clear his portrait was on his deathbed, and he is therefore not wearing his armor. His colors are not necessarily black and gold and the cape is a matter of the artist's choice. You're really starting to annoy me with turning down the idea for capes on a character who doesn't have a normal sprite or portrait of him in a military uniform. He doesn't even have any released concept art. I don't see where you get off determining what he is and what he isn't.

I'm sorry if I'm being a little harsh, but its just annoying me. I'll make Balbanes my way, you make him yours. I'll take suggestions, just not you stating things outright as though they are fact like, "Balbanes doesn't wear capes." Who the hell said that except you?

I really am sorry, but you can't determine a character's traits on your own when the traits you're determining are ones that effect someone's work and especially when you don't even own the character.

I'm sorry, I keep ranting every time I try to apologize.

Anyway, I'm going to finish the Orlandeau Sprite and use it as a base for my General Balbanes Sprite and maybe use CH 1 Ramza for Young Balbanes's base

Patience.

QuoteI also though that such thing would happen,since Balbanes is a legend and everyone has a kind of Balbanes in mind,and everyone who suggest something will suggest his Balbanes view,this topic just showed tons of Balbanes ideas,all great ideas,I first tried to follow the portrait and the sprite,but it showed useless at all,since it caused a discussion about how about the sprite shoul look,the deathbed,retired,Knight,Valiant,General,Young lots of variations.

but anyways,sorry for stressing you,I hope this dont happens anymore

Nice one.

--
I'll give a try with this one. (considering LD's information)
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Cheetah

August 29, 2009, 03:58:43 am #52 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
So far I'm liking Bloodthirster's idea the best so far. Though the goatee needs to be a bit lest pronounced.

Frankly I think the best looking Balbanes sprite would be based off of the design here. Notice him at the top of the hill.

PS: I didn't realize there was drama going on in this thread because I didn't read it. So don't think that I am taking sides.
Current Projects:

Luiakyn

August 29, 2009, 04:16:05 am #53 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Luiakyn
^^ That looks awesome, except for gafgarion's face :( But that does fit Balbanes, amazingly. It's sort of Zalbag/Dycedargish

MiKeMiTchi

August 29, 2009, 06:02:22 am #54 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
I love that pic Sir Cheetah!

hehe.. ok, here's my try:

based on Ramza's chapter 1 shirt and boots (Sir LD), delita's arm, dycedarg's garment&belt and Sir Cheetah's pic..

Sen

August 29, 2009, 06:13:17 am #55 Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 06:23:59 am by Sen
Cheeta: That pic is epic!!

SilvasRuin

August 29, 2009, 06:14:55 am #56 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
I definitely like the concept Cheetah posted.

MiKeMiTchi, I don't think the hair, shoulder guards, and belt go well together.  I can't tell what the belt is supposed to be made of, and the guards don't look metal since they use the same colors and shading as the hair.

Sen

August 29, 2009, 06:16:58 am #57 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sen
I think that shoulder guards are part of the cape and shouldn't be shoulder guards

MiKeMiTchi:I suggest the white belt should be thinner much like on Zalbag's clothing

MiKeMiTchi

August 29, 2009, 06:29:19 am #58 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Okay. Points considered. :P

Kagebunji

August 29, 2009, 09:21:06 am #59 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
Your pic is great Cheetah, but I saw something funny ;) :

• Modding version: Other/Unknown