• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 12:45:11 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Unlock Mime abilities and equips

Started by Fusso, October 14, 2010, 02:31:06 pm

Fusso

Simple as that

i removed mime from the game and made another class in its place, but i still can't equip or change his abilities
how do i fix that?
*** END OF MESSAGE ***

Samuraiblackbelt

the mime slot is hardcoded, there's nothing you can do
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

PX_Timefordeath

ASM deep into the game. If you figure out how to do that, you will become overlord of FFH, dominant over even SE.

Kaijyuu

But if you dig too greedily and too deep into the ASM, the ASM stares back at you.

Or something like that.
  • Modding version: PSX

Samuraiblackbelt

just don't dig so greedily for the ASM that you tunnel into the magitek's pit, then she will come forth with a fiery whip and kill Zodiac.
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Vanya

On a less funny note, Zodiac was working on or going to be working on normalizing the Mime job.
It actually has some rather complex code causing the detrimental effects on the skills and equipment.
off topic: It occurs to me that the mime's inability to use equipment might also be tied to monsters not being able to equip anything either.
Perhaps the code for one is the same for the other.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯