• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 03:43:01 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Chapter 4 is strange!

Started by Fusso, September 16, 2009, 04:19:21 pm

Fusso

September 16, 2009, 04:19:21 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Fusso
I don't know what happened in chapter 4, while the core of the gameplay is still de same and the story follows well into the chap 4, something is just fucked up. I will list the things that i thought weird

1. The chapter name makes no sense at all, after The Meager, The Valiant and stuff like that, we get Somebody to love. And it don't get very well into the chapter story as well. I mean, it could be Delita, but that don't make a lot of sense either, he looks to fall in love with Ovelia but he also is know to lie and manipulate like hell. Maybe i lost the point, i guess you guys have something to say about this.

2. Ramza's clothes. When did he change? The game starts exactly where it left of in the last chapter, like seconds later, how he got that cool new armor? where is the old one? why green? how could he look so older now? what is the crest in his armor? he is taking sides now?

3. It's too fucking long. It could be divided into two chapters easily, minor tweaks. Even the game shows one of those end of chapter screens. Chapter 4: The Return of the old hero of easiness and Chapter 5: The Family Matters... this would make sense

random thoughts, lots of errors and very little to do in office right now
*** END OF MESSAGE ***

Aquablack

September 16, 2009, 04:24:56 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Aquablack
1. Well, in the PSP remake, War of the Lions, chapter 4 is named "In the Name of Love" I believe, referring to Ramza trying to save Alma no matter what.

2. No Idea why he changed, I greatly prefer his chapter 2/3 garb, chapter 4 just looks....too bright, also butt pants.

3. It is a bit longer than the other chapters, I personally wish that most of the chapters matched its length
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

philsov

September 16, 2009, 04:30:08 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Don't you want Somebody to Love?
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Fusso

September 16, 2009, 04:31:00 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Fusso
the queen music is nice

and after marriage (and i'm married), most of the time you want somebody to pay the bills
*** END OF MESSAGE ***

philsov

September 16, 2009, 04:33:09 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
I was going more for Jefferson Airplane, but +1 all the same.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Fusso

September 16, 2009, 04:34:49 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Fusso
it's also a Nelly Furtado song...

wikipedia told me
Nelly Furtado make me puke
*** END OF MESSAGE ***

LastingDawn

September 16, 2009, 04:42:22 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Quote from: "Fusso"I don't know what happened in chapter 4, while the core of the gameplay is still de same and the story follows well into the chap 4, something is just fucked up. I will list the things that i thought weird

I'll try to explain why Chapter 4 is probably the best of the chapters and the theory that part of it ended up Actually getting cut.

Quote1. The chapter name makes no sense at all, after The Meager, The Valiant and stuff like that, we get Somebody to love. And it don't get very well into the chapter story as well. I mean, it could be Delita, but that don't make a lot of sense either, he looks to fall in love with Ovelia but he also is know to lie and manipulate like hell. Maybe i lost the point, i guess you guys have something to say about this.

"Somebody to Love" is a sneaky reference Matsuno had made, he tries to include a Queen reference (one of his favorite bands) in every one of his games, hence the name of the chapter, I'm not sure if the "In the Name of Love" is another rock song, I'm pretty sure it's not Queen though.

Quote2. Ramza's clothes. When did he change? The game starts exactly where it left of in the last chapter, like seconds later, how he got that cool new armor? where is the old one? why green? how could he look so older now? what is the crest in his armor? he is taking sides now?

This is a Very interesting one, I believe his armor was meant to mimic parts of Wiegraf's. It seems to me they dropped a subplot where Ramza was much more affected by Wiegraf's actions than the final game let on. In the official artworks we see that crest is a Bull's skull, which is symbolic of Ramza's victory over Belias. I believe a year passes ingame if I recall from Chapter 3 to Chapter 4, I don't think he looks much older, just a lot more confident.

Quote3. It's too fucking long. It could be divided into two chapters easily, minor tweaks. Even the game shows one of those end of chapter screens. Chapter 4: The Return of the old hero of easiness and Chapter 5: The Family Matters... this would make sense

There's a saying... "Every good play has four acts" it's meant to evoke that, FFT is very much a stage play, and I am sure Matsuno thought the same of it.

Quoterandom thoughts, lots of errors and very little to do in office right now

A fun discussion, glad to see more of these about.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Samuraiblackbelt

September 16, 2009, 04:51:02 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Samuraiblackbelt
Quote1. The chapter name makes no sense at all, after The Meager, The Valiant and stuff like that, we get Somebody to love. And it don't get very well into the chapter story as well. I mean, it could be Delita, but that don't make a lot of sense either, he looks to fall in love with Ovelia but he also is know to lie and manipulate like hell. Maybe i lost the point, i guess you guys have something to say about this.

I believe that Delita actually loved Ovelia, even if he was a manipulative dick, he even said in the scene at the church "I would do anything for her, is that so strange?" or something like that
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Fusso

September 16, 2009, 05:01:05 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Fusso
you know what should have been AWESOME

In chap 4, Ramza is still using dark magenta plate armor and boots that go all the way up to the scrotum... WITH A CAPE! HOT PINK! And he still manage to show his bubble booty!

if i was the chief designer of this game
i would put this since the initial cg (that suckass by the way)
*** END OF MESSAGE ***

DarthPaul

September 16, 2009, 05:13:36 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
QuoteThere's a saying... "Every good play has four acts" it's meant to evoke that, FFT is very much a stage play, and I am sure Matsuno thought the same of it.

The last act is bloody, however pleasant all the rest of the play is.

I believe this game is a very good reminder of that. You don't really see the true ugly side until the very last chapter.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Mental_Gear

September 16, 2009, 05:27:21 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mental_Gear
LD - 'In the Name of Love' is possibly a U2 reference.

DarthPaul

September 16, 2009, 05:36:05 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "Mental_Gear"LD - 'In the Name of Love' is possibly a U2 reference.

With Matsuno LD normally knows what he is talking about.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Mental_Gear

September 16, 2009, 05:44:40 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mental_Gear
" I'm not sure if the "In the Name of Love" is another rock song, I'm pretty sure it's not Queen though"

I was specifying what it was.

DarthPaul

September 16, 2009, 06:22:26 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Ah yes that was the War of the Lions translation though.

Fusso

September 17, 2009, 12:18:47 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Fusso
another one

4. How in Ajora's name Marquis was kidnapped in chapter 1 when he had two bodyguards like Celia and Lede? Really! And when he became a vampire? This is all wrong! He suddenly became evil at the end of chapter 3 and i'm supposed to take that as normal? You can't do that to me game!!!
*** END OF MESSAGE ***

LastingDawn

September 17, 2009, 12:32:03 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Not quite...

The real Elmdor died at Fusse Plains, he apparently had the Gemini Auracite on him though, the real Elmdor was a kind and loving man just as the reports say he was, but Zalera/Elmdor is another matter altogether. He didn't have Celia and Lede by that point, they were Ultima Demons. I suppose Zalera summoned them when he first became Zalera and ordered their appearance changed to not appear too inconspicious as they flew around Ivalice.

Art of War

Kagebunji

September 17, 2009, 12:39:10 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
Fusso, in rumors (bar) you can read about Elmdor death, and as LD said, Celia and Lede were Demons.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Fusso

September 18, 2009, 11:45:29 am #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Fusso
male or female demons?

because they can't be charmed by women in Assassin form
but can in TEH SATAN mode

hmmm

weird
*** END OF MESSAGE ***

LastingDawn

September 18, 2009, 01:21:00 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well the real reason you can't Charm them as Celia and Lede is because they're marked as Immortals, which gives them innate protection, I consider their Ultima Demon forms their last defense.

Art of War