• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Videos Of Your Sprites In Action

Started by Archael, November 29, 2010, 09:20:17 pm

Archael

November 29, 2010, 09:20:17 pm Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 10:07:32 pm by Archael
Since I've never taken the time to learn proper spriting, I've been thinking of ways to contribute to this part of the site, and I think I came up with something I can do to save other people time.

If you would like me to make a video and upload it (to FFH's YT or elsewhere) of your sprite in action, send it to:

mailto:Voldemort@ffhacktics.com">Voldemort@ffhacktics.com OR Post the .SPR file here. If you send an e-mail please post here so I know to check.

And I will upload a video of it in action, so you can show other people your sprite doing stuff instead of just frames.

Here's some I've done already:

Cadet by Kagebungie:
Warrior by Lijj:
Valkyrie by Kagebungie:

I'll make it use skillsets with varied animations so you can see everything the sprite is capable of, and if any changes need to be made.

Lijj

I made the warrior and it's Kagebunji not Kagebungie. Otherwise thanks for this contribution. It'd be nice to see a bunch of these up!
  • Modding version: PSX

Archael

fixed, sorry... for some reason I thought it was Twinees'

about Kage, I always call him KageBUNGIE

Izirudo

Hmmm can you make some for the new Werewolf and Titan? I'm pretty interested in monster sprites these days :D.

mav

I second Izirudo's suggestion.

Dude, Voldemort, this is awesome of you. I mean, I don't sprite but I greatly appreciate this, and I hope all the other spriters here do too. These are top notch vids and certainly the coolest way to see some gorgeous sprites in action.

GeneralStrife

umm mav, i hate to be the bearer of bad news......but........viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6241

Izirudo

Wow... how come is is so easy to get banned? I mean, come one it's only been 3 weeks since I joined and I saw Jon and Voldemort got...

Kagebunji

Lately the site is gooing a bt crazy. I won't explain eveything, view some topics and read, and you will catch on Izirudo.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

Yeah, I saw that after I posted this topic, Strife. Thanks though. What a shame, maybe someone else will follow in his footsteps and give us a couple decent demo vids.

Kagebunji

Mav, I pray NO ONE goes in his footsteps really. I thought after the R999 incident he learned something. But he left deleting his work from FFH and OTHERS people vidoes and work. It was fuckin immature, I thought he would leave and don't give a fuck about it, like Asmo said "have some dignity", and that is damn right.

Alaris

Well, since Arch got banned, and I did like the concept he was doing, I think I might follow suite and offer to do videos of people's sprites with various animations. Post your sprites here, or email them to mailto:ArthusPaladin@hotmail.com">ArthusPaladin@hotmail.com, and I'll attempt to get a video of them up and running on my channel, and link it here.

If this is breaking any rules, please don't ban me over it, just let me know and I'll kill the topic/my posts.

Thanks in advance people. ^_^

I'll start with the sprites already suggested in this topic, if people have no problem with it.  ^___^ I'll post soon!

Edit: Here's the first one, Werewolf. Let me know how I did. Not too proficient in hacking yet, so I can't exactly give him all kinds of new abilities to demonstrate, but give me criticism (positive please), and I'll do my best to improve.

Episode 42 is out! Click above to watch!

Kill_Bones

Not bad, tbh the Sacred skillset kinda works for the werewolf.

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Alaris

And... finished another one. Gonna do Titan after this, probably not tonight though.

Alaris

Things changed, I have time tonight... I've tested twice, but it tends to glitch up on many different monster sprites/skillsets.  Anybody have a good recommendation for Titan? Or will I have to hack further to make it not glitch up?

Alaris

I'm going to sound like a total noob when I ask what that is. Sorry... I'm new to this hacking thing, and while I have some stuff down, I don't have all of it.

GeneralStrife

Sure, everyone was new at once, its no sweat! Read kage's posts on this link. Also i saw the werewolf mess up because you did not do this, but it was only one time.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=405&start=260

Alaris

Thank you very much GS.  Finished the recording (even found some pixels out of place for the last clip, to help Kagebunji fix it).  I'll be uploading it in a few minutes.

Anybody have any other Sprites they want put into video form, to show off their animations and whatnot?  My slate is clean!

Alaris

Titan Update!

I have no Life, TONBERRY UPDATE:

Zozma

cool tonberry, looks like he wobbles a bit which means i think his frames arent all alligned quite right...
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!