• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 05:49:03 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[Old] FFT: Plus Bug topic (1.01C Beta bugs to be fixed in 1.01C)

Started by Dome, July 29, 2011, 07:25:35 pm

Dome

Quote from: Stretch on September 03, 2011, 12:56:01 am
Awesome! Does that mean 1.01 is coming soon?

ETA is First of october, and it should come together with the full master guide

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Xenogears

Dispel bug as of 1.01:

When any dispel ability is used, instead of taking away any positive status', it will attempt to add darkness and poison. This is true for the following abilities (that I remember :)):

Beowulf's Dispel
Dispelaga- I would also add that this ability had the -ga taken away from the range; that is, it now only affects one target. Not sure if intentional or not.
Oracle's Dispel

Does that cover all of them? I'm not sure which (if any) monsters have Dispel-like abilities.

Also, might not be a bug so much, but... What job requirements are needed for Bard/Dancer now? Can't seem to unlock them despite having a plethora of levels for each job.

Dome

Xenogears

Transparent does nothing except make semi-invisible in looks only. Was this intentional?

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Xenogears on October 22, 2011, 10:12:02 pm
Transparent does nothing except make semi-invisible in looks only. Was this intentional?

Your accuracy on your next physical skill should be 100%.  Maybe exception to when Blind/Confuse if Dome used a particular ASM.

It won't affect the AI's behavior regarding your units, though.  Actually, that's a lie, Transparent units technically are now prioritized higher than non-Transparent ones when the AI attacks.

Xenogears

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on October 22, 2011, 10:23:35 pm
Your accuracy on your next physical skill should be 100%.  Maybe exception to when Blind/Confuse if Dome used a particular ASM.

It won't affect the AI's behavior regarding your units, though.  Actually, that's a lie, Transparent units technically are now prioritized higher than non-Transparent ones when the AI attacks.

Ahhh, yes, that's true. I had always thought transparency made the AI ignore you.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Xenogears on October 22, 2011, 11:42:56 pm
Ahhh, yes, that's true. I had always thought transparency made the AI ignore you.

It does in Vanilla, yes.

Almost every patch removes that effect though so you can't abuse the AI one-sidedly with it, though.  Removing that effect is what results in Transparent being prioritized a bit higher by the AI instead.

Xenogears

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on October 22, 2011, 11:45:54 pm
It does in Vanilla, yes.

Almost every patch removes that effect though so you can't abuse the AI one-sidedly with it, though.  Removing that effect is what results in Transparent being prioritized a bit higher by the AI instead.

I see, that makes sense now. That's a shame, but at the same time, it's probably better this way.

Dome

In FFT: Plus, trasparent makes your next action ignore evasion
Much like a one-time concentrate (Beware of Ghosts, they have it as innate!)

akaciparaci

hi dome, this is maling2000ayam from gamefaqs, thought i just report in this site directly

not quite sure if what i'm about to post can be considered as bugs, but here's the story:

- at the opening video before new game, no sound at all, but there's sound effects when selecting options and there's BGM after selecting new game
- the second video, no sound at all either
- the wish description stated that it can revive dead characters, but in the first fight tried using wish on dead allies, but it has 00%, and no revived after using the skill
- now the most critical, the game freezes whenever i tried to equip item on ramza, not just ramza, but with any other characters too. tried equipping different abilities and the game would always freeze

i'm playing using the fat PSX
any other person having the same errors?
what i suspect the most is the ISO i used
here's the story, piracy in my place is very common, and i'm pretty confident that the ISO i made from the CD i have is not the original copy

so what do you think of my problems?

Dome

Hi maling2000ayam!
First of all, try playing again the game but this time using an emulator :-)
The ASM I used for FFT: Plus make the game work funky on Psx...

akaciparaci

wow, didn't consider that possibility before
unfortunately, playing on emulator is not in my option D:
so in other words, FFTplus is not quite compatible to be played on actual PSX?
any hope to have this fixed?

Dome

Quote from: akaciparaci on October 24, 2011, 05:31:34 am
wow, didn't consider that possibility before
unfortunately, playing on emulator is not in my option D:
so in other words, FFTplus is not quite compatible to be played on actual PSX?
any hope to have this fixed?

I don't know which ASM causes that, so, for the moment, no
Anyway...are you sure you can't play on an emulator? Why?

akaciparaci

October 24, 2011, 06:27:08 am #113 Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 06:28:58 am by akaciparaci
a lot of reasons actually lol, even though i once completed FFT on emulator
mainly since my PC doesn't have its VGA installed, the VGA card is there, but somehow sometime ago it became uninstalled, and i can't find its driver installation CD, and no luck getting it online too
i always use a laptop, never the PC for usual stuffs, so i'm in quite a bind right now lol
and btw, tried using this laptop to play PSXe, and frame rate is so horribly slow, must be because of low-performing specs haha

so i guess i'll wait for any fix for this to be played on actual PSX, take your time dome, it's not like i can't live without playing FFTplus lol  :D

Xenogears

October 27, 2011, 09:28:40 am #114 Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 08:56:32 pm by Xenogears
Three more bugs:

I read a post about this already, but it still exists. It's a random battle at Finath River, coming from the east side. You'll get "ambushed" as the one poster said, but in this case, the enemies can replace your team members depending on where you set them up. I've had either one or two members replaced entirely. I'm assuming it's just for the battle, but I've never completed a battle to the end to see.

The item Remedy put Undead and another status when used. I don't remember that happening from the release patch.

Holy Breath is single target. I'm assuming this wasn't intentional.

Dome

Thanks for the bug reports Xenogears!
@Remedy bug: Fixed
@Holy breath: Isn't a bug
@ Finath: Should be fixed now

I just got a weird happening.  I'm inside Riovanes Castle against Velius.  Velius cast Corruption on one of my my Knights, giving him Death Sentence.  I thought that using a remedy on my Knight would cure the Death Sentence, but instead it gave him Poison and Undead status.   ...Very weird

Dome

Quote from: Avatar_State on October 29, 2011, 07:44:38 pm
I just got a weird happening.  I'm inside Riovanes Castle against Velius.  Velius cast Corruption on one of my my Knights, giving him Death Sentence.  I thought that using a remedy on my Knight would cure the Death Sentence, but instead it gave him Poison and Undead status.   ...Very weird

That's a bug....it has been fixed, I'll release the patch soon

H0RNEt

- Samurai Katana Still break when using "Draw Out"
- Sage skill can effect teammate
- Samurai Not Innate with "TwoHand"
- "Throw Spirit" do little damage
FFT Lover from Thailand

Dome

November 02, 2011, 03:35:55 am #119 Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 03:39:24 am by Dome
Thanks for the bug report H0RNEt!  :)

Quote from: H0RNEt on November 02, 2011, 02:49:25 am
- Samurai Katana Still break when using "Draw Out"

When I've tested it, they didn't break...are you sure?
- Sage skill can effect teammate

It's not a bug, you have to use those skills carefully
- Samurai Not Innate with "TwoHand"

It's not a bug, it has been removed because it was too broken
- "Throw Spirit" do little damage

Ghosts are supposed to inflict statuses, not to kill you :-)