• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:08:43 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Unwanted sprite change using AIO Editor

Started by Simon443, August 24, 2019, 03:37:22 pm

Simon443

I have tried to change some classes and items in the AIO, I didn't receive an error message so I thought everything went fine.

However when I start the game some sprites during the event scenes are changed to Doned's, the problem is that the bangaa that should be sent to jail became Doned as well and, since there is no animaton of Doned using a potion, my game freezes.

I tried to understand what went wrong many times, but I'm heavily unexperienced and couldn't so I registered here and ask you guys as a last resort. I can provide screenshots and the modified ROM itself if needed.

Thanks for helping.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Blunderpusse

Did you, per chance, change any of the values shown on the screenshot?

PS. I think providing ROM files of any sort is against the rules. :p
"You sure are a keen observer of the obvious, kupo!"

Simon443

I knew about ROMs being against the rules, didn't understand it would've extnded to hacked ones as well, my bad.

I changed aggressiveness, unarmed power but they shouldn't matter I think. I also changed the sprited of three classes as well through the value, but as they were already used sprites i didn't think much of it. It is strange that changing the value of three huma classes' battle sprites made a bangaa become Doned, not to talk about the alyman that appears when Ivalice is changed.

I'll try to revert the battle sprite's value and see if it is enough, in case would change those classes with tile molester cause any side effect?

Blunderpusse

Quote from: Simon443 on August 24, 2019, 05:21:28 pm
would change those classes with tile molester cause any side effect?

To my knowledge, that would've only happen if you changed any compressed graphic.

Simon443

After reverting every change in the Sprites/Unknown section, except agressiveness and unarmed power since it's just not logic for them to be the cause, on a backup I did before using Tile molesting I still se the game full of Doneds.

At this point I don't know where else to look, the most complicated thing i touched was the race editor with huma white mage, black mage and archer.

Blunderpusse

Quote from: Simon443 on August 24, 2019, 05:38:12 pm
the most complicated thing i touched was the race editor with huma white mage, black mage and archer.

That would've only mess up the ability lists. Have you applied any patch/mod to your ROM before editting with AIO?

Simon443

No, the ROM was clear. Is there a way to change even scenes? It seems that during battles sprites aren't changed so modify the problematic event might be a viable answer.

Blunderpusse

Quote from: Simon443 on August 25, 2019, 12:10:00 pm
Is there a way to change even scenes?

Probably there is, but I can't help you with that. Only modding I know is via editors like AIO. :s