• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 08:10:02 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Shop listings are a weird thing

Started by Tea, November 20, 2009, 07:34:27 am

Tea

November 20, 2009, 07:34:27 am Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 10:04:16 am by Tea
Whenever I change items, some things work, some things don't. In fact, everything works, except the world.bin edits. That is, only the shop in which they should appear is not working, everything else is. I started a new game to make sure there would be no problems that could have to do with save games/states, but to no avail. After opening the patched ISO in fftpatcher, I discovered the changes were in fact not even saved to the ISO. Now my questions; 1) Why? 2) Is it fixable?
I read in some older topics that LD had no problems with changing this stuff, and I feel fftpatcher is discriminating against me :c

edit: yes, the world.bin box was checked.

Vulpes R

November 20, 2009, 10:00:08 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vulpes R
Have you made sure all the correct boxes were checked when you went to apply the changes to the ISO? I know a lot of people must rely on default but sometimes FFTPatcher will fool you if you make minor changes, set some stuff back to default, etc. Hope that helps some, I'm a n00b but I had that problem before. xD