• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 12:30:54 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Discussion: Stat Modifications

Started by Ethereal Embrace, April 09, 2011, 08:05:34 pm

Ethereal Embrace

Quote from: Darthatron on May 05, 2011, 11:25:51 am
Best of luck to you, kind sir.

Have you gotten a chance to get a good look of them yet?  If so, any suggestions, objections, agreements, or anything else of the sort?

Darthatron

I have an essay due tomorrow, then 2.5 weeks off. I will take a look then. ^_^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Darthatron

Ethereal Embrace

Quote from: Darthatron on May 10, 2011, 08:20:02 am
I have an essay due tomorrow, then 2.5 weeks off. I will take a look then. ^_^

Okay then.  I might have to re-work somethings though...

Ethereal Embrace

May 10, 2011, 06:49:45 pm #23 Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 06:54:02 pm by Ethereal Embrace
Yeah, I definitely need to rework the Base Mp and Base Speed (it's much too easy to cap speed (199 irc) with the universal Speed growth boost so I'm gonna have to lower it), and there are a couple of jobs that I really want to work so that they aren't TOO similar to the jobs that surround them.  Ex:  Time Mage, Alchemist, Illusionist, Black Mage all have VERY SIMILAR stats.  Just like Warrior, Gladiator, Defender, and Dragoon and the lack of flexibility bugs me so.  And I still don't like that jobs like White Mage, Archer and Thief were completely outclassed by their successors in all the stats that matter!

Also, moveset wise:  Tinker, Animist, Archer, Thief, Elementalists, Red Mage, White Mage, Soldier, Warrior, Defender, Templar, and Time Mage all aren't good or great...therefore should have slightly bumped up stats.

Ethereal Embrace

Lol, I found an Assasin that was level 30 and hit had 192 Speed!  ...And most of my characters' speeds are only at 135-140!

Is there anyway to change the base stat range?  It's supposed to around 95 - 115%  But that's pretty ridiculous, it should be like 100 - 105 % or something like that.  If not, 95 - 110 %, at least.  115 % is just way too high.

Darthatron

Sure. I actually recently found the character creation routine so that shouldn't be too much of a problem.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Darthatron

Ethereal Embrace

May 19, 2011, 03:35:18 pm #26 Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 06:12:15 pm by Ethereal Embrace
Quote from: Darthatron on May 17, 2011, 12:35:39 am
Sure. I actually recently found the character creation routine so that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

That's good to hear (well in this case, it would be see).  Well, like I said, here are the re-edited stats of the jobs, I'm still not finished with the Monsters yet.  Note that jobs' stats will probably be revised whenever the movesets change.  For this version, the base Speed has decreased by approximately 15 points and base Mp is much more equitable with a similar formula to my Base Hp changes.  A few Humes got better stats but Bangaa specifically got more Resist.  Nu Mous got more Mp this time and Vieras have more Resist too:  Moogles probably got the more radical end of the stat changes.

Oh, and here's the color key:
Red:  Stats decreased since Job Stats v.1.0
Blue:  Stats increased since Job Stats v.1.0
Green:  Universal Changes for all jobs (in base speed and base Mp only)
Purple:  Evasion (was not available in Job Stats v.1.0),  Range from 25 to 45.

http://www.mediafire.com/?8c53q7in5185ey3

Ethereal Embrace

Hey, Darthratron, I've been meaning to ask you:

You know how in the original FFT, Fire Rod had 25% chance of casting the spell Fire or how Blind Knife had a 25% chance of Blinding?

Is it possible to do that in this game?  And give things like Dream Claws actual ability to make something fall asleep or Poison Claws to actually poison?  Or how about Armor that have initial effects like give Mirage Vest initial: Regen.

I'm asking because I plan on also changing the weapons and armor too and adding these kinds of abilities not only make them more unique and useful, but it also gives depth in equipment progression.  I.E. instead of always increasing the attack power by each new weapon, it could have other effects including these.  Also, is it possible to give weapons the ability to raise Hp and Mp? 

Ethereal Embrace

I've just re-doing the job stats and monster stats again.  I decided that since Monsters don't have armor, I'll give them +10 for the base stats of Atk, Def, Mag, and Res.

For the jobs, I wanted to give jobs more statistic variety.  For Example:
- Illusionist:  higher Atk growth
- Time Mage:  higher Def and speed growth
- Alchemist:  2nd highest Hp growth, lowest Atk and Def growth, mid-high Magic, and highest Resist
- Fusilier: higher Atk, less Def, higher Spd and Res, lower Hp
- Thief:  fastest job in the game

Ect.