• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

"Real" Summon?

Started by psiiijay, November 29, 2020, 02:44:46 pm

psiiijay

Guess this is gonna be a huge no, but is there a way to actually create a real creature with a skill here or in the psx version (real as in the monsters you fight in game)?

2. I know the summons are a sfx but can they be animated a little? Like make Bahamuth move its wings or something?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Xifanie

Quote from: psiiijay on November 29, 2020, 02:44:46 pmis there a way to actually create a real creature with a skill here or in the psx version (real as in the monsters you fight in game)?
Of course, you just need to replace an existing human/monster sprite and its job.

Quote from: psiiijay on November 29, 2020, 02:44:46 pmI know the summons are a sfx but can they be animated a little? Like make Bahamuth move its wings or something?
Theoretically yes, but with our current knowledge of the game, it's impossible.
Also the VRAM of the Playstation is very limited and you'd have to make Bahamut smaller to free up the space for the animated wings.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

psiiijay

What I meant to ask is, is it possible to summon a cearture? As in not an sfx that is gone after one attack but a real creature that fights for you?

Xifanie

Oh like in FFXII? No, not really. It would be possible to create such a hack but it would take a lot of work and there would still be heavy limitations.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

psiiijay

Like when an enemy summons demons before a fight to help them. Is that a script that can't be used?

Porklin

In those fights, the demons are already there in the game's view, they're just hidden. So Velius summoning demons doesn't add any more units, or change the number of sprites being used (which the game has limits for that if you exceed cause visual glitches).

So unfortunately, there's not some easy 1 to 1 thing you could do.

With the right eventing, you could make it possible so that at some point during a specific battle (say when Ramza is at 50% health), a monster is summoned at a specific spot, but again, it would be specific to just that battle.
  • Discord username: porklin