• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 10:51:35 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Custom Job

Started by Pixelsfalling, January 23, 2020, 05:37:05 pm

Pixelsfalling

So, I have read that when trying to create a new custom Job, there are unused slots that are available such as Assassin or duplicate Mustadio.  My question us, if I use those slots to make a new Job, how do I get them into my party roaster?
  • Modding version: WotL

yamish

To get units into your roster, add them somewhere in the ENTD section of patcher and click Join After Battle.

The slots you're referring to are for sprites, not jobs. There are tons of slots for new jobs, but only a few for new sprites.

The Help section has tons of useful information. Also, even though you're doing psp, the thread of Important Links Check Here First in the psx section goes to a myriad of things that apply to both versions of the game. Just click around and read while pooping or something and you'll likely answer lots of your own questions.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: riggz raggz

Nyzer

And actually, those sprites ARE used in the game. It's just that they take up Formation sprite slots (which are different) when they either never use them (Assassin) or don't need to use them (duplicate Mustadio, which can just be replaced with the other Mustadio).
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Pixelsfalling

I only see Join after Event.  I selected that one, but wen I went back to the game, nothing new in the roster.

yamish

Quote from: Pixelsfalling on January 24, 2020, 01:28:14 pm
I only see Join after Event.  I selected that one, but wen I went back to the game, nothing new in the roster.

It may say Join After Event, not Battle. Either way it's the Join After flag in the patcher. Did you try it with a clean save/new game? I'm not sure if that flag being ticked requires a save beforehand or an entirely new run through.

The simplest way is to replace one of the characters in the gariland scene at the opening of chapter 1, where they're standing around chatting and the knight runs in to alert of the death corps in town.

Pixelsfalling

SOrry, kinda of new at this.  What exactly constitutes a clean save? 

Pixelsfalling

Aso, and this may be my last question for a bit :)

So, if replace one of the Knights from the Gariland scene from chapter 1, will that new character only Join me after that event? (I'm guessing so due to the option "join after event" that I am flagging.
If this is the case, is the only way to add a new Job to the Job tree to replace an existing job?

Thanks Guys, you have been a great help!

yamish

By a clean save, i mean one that doesn't already habe parts of the event you're attempting to use, or any of its preceeding or activating flags initialized. Basically fully before anything tied to the event. Note: THIS MAY NOT MATTER. Others could answer it.

And you can make many jobs in the unused job slots. But those jobs are not tied to a sprite. So you would choose a unit in the entd. Set it's job to your new job, doesn't have to replace an existing one. Then set your new sprite in the speite pulldown, which DOES have to replace an existing SPRITE. That will give that character in that event the correct job amd Sprite. When they join, they'll have that job you gave them as their base job rather than squire, and have the sprite you chose.

Nyzer

QuoteBy a clean save, i mean one that doesn't already habe parts of the event you're attempting to use, or any of its preceeding or activating flags initialized. Basically fully before anything tied to the event. Note: THIS MAY NOT MATTER. Others could answer it.

Yeah, that's not gonna matter for ENTD work. Saves occur outside of/in between events, so any event's asset following the save would load as intended assuming the game was patched properly and there wasn't a problem generating the unit (such as the sprite limit).

IIRC there's a duplicate Gariland ENTD, or something easily confused for it, that isn't actually used in that event so it could be something as simple as that.

But who knows what's going wrong. We can't troubleshoot "went back to the game and nothing new in the Roster". We need to know specifically what was done in the Patcher and what did and did not change in the game as a result. Screenshots can also be extremely useful.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Pixelsfalling

That works perfect!  I'm playing the game with my GF and by the time we are done I want to know how to edit job classes and some other things.  I'll send screen shots as soon as I start trying again.  Thanks!

ChuckyMclove

At ENTD, if you put a different profession in a generic, like putting Dark Sword in a squire that you want to join you at the end of the battle, only he will have this Dark Sword profession at the base, or that would cause did all the squires in the game also come with this profession?
  • Modding version: PSX

ChuckyMclove

Do you know if you need new spaces or something to add sprites to slots not used in the game?
And where to find these spaces we can place custom sprites without interfering with existing ones; because I thought; if that were possible I could take this empty space, put a Squire (Squire) and change his sprite and give him another profession, then we would have a new character because we only have to invite him later after a battle ...
I don't know if it's possible ... And just something that went on in my mind ...

Where do I find these unused work slots?
I didn't find where to define the new sprite, I didn't find the speite drop-down menu ... Do you need a specific program to find it? Where can I find the speite drop-down menu? Sorry to ask so many questions ...
I'm new to it and I'm learning
  • Modding version: PSX