• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:19:17 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Cheetah

The hair is looking pretty good, could maybe use a highlight color from the eyes perhaps.  His front view cloths are looking a bit like a bright contrasty mess though.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

Heh, I am still working to rework Lezard, the body is still from the old version. Thanks for suggestions, Cheetah, I will try to do something about the highlight.

I'm glad you like the turtle, Shishi!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

shishi-sensou

=) i will try make an monster or zodiac
this turtle is epic =)

Kagebunji

After almost two months work, Cyan is done! You can get spr file here:
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=405.320

Tyler

Cyan looks amazing. Extremely clean work.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: tylerf#3233

Kagebunji

Thanks, it took me quite some time, heh. And nice portrait you got there, Tyler!

Tyler

August 28, 2011, 11:29:15 am #2006 Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 11:29:39 am by Tyler Delynn
Thanks, Kage. But unfortunately I made that before realizing I was doing it with too many colors, haha..

Here was the end result, unfortunately:

Not bad, but man. How do you guys manage to keep so much color on your portraits? It's amazing work and much harder to do than it looks.

Cheetah

That looks quite good Tyler. I would recommend making the hair color lighter, to match the general palette of FFT better. The added bonus is that with lighter brown hair you can share quite a few skin tones with the hair to get you closer to that 16 color limit.
Current Projects:

Tyler

Thanks. Yeah, great idea Cheetah.

An example would be the Alucard sprite on the main page. That is ridiculously colorful and well done. Who knew portraits would take so much extra thought.. Does this also apply to sprites? I don't want to do a whole sprite and its animations just to find out I'm screwed. xD

Cheetah

Yep, 16 color limit on sprites as well. You get really creative in your color use and sharing and you can still do incredible looking stuff.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

August 30, 2011, 09:54:57 am #2010 Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 02:51:50 pm by Cheetah
To avoid colors limit, I usually set the whole palette before starting any work, that way I can doo everything I want, without worrying about limit. Usually 7 colors for skin, then 3-5 for hair, and 3 for eventual clothes.

Cheetah

Quote from: Kagebunji on August 30, 2011, 09:54:57 am
To avoid colors limit, I usually set the whole palette before starting any work, that way I can doo everything I want, without worrying about limit. Usually 7 colors for skin, then 3-5 for hair, and 3 for eventual clothes.

You are talking about Portraits right? I usually share skin and hair tones so that I have about 5 colors for other stuff.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

Yeah, portraits. Sometimes sharing some colors from hair with skin is impossible though(except the darkest shades, they almost always can be shared), but yeah, you can save couple colors that way.

Kagebunji

Female Guardian is done, and Male got slightly reworked and ridden of bugs. Hope you like those

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=405.320

Mando

I like them both kage!!! I was looking at them in shishi... VERY CRISP! Great work.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Zozma

kage, whose that a portrait of on your avatar?
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Kagebunji

It's Olivya, a character from TO, but she will be used for a character in Parted Ways called Quinn. I will make sure to post the sprite once I have some concept done. Btw, do you have some ppf of Remix, Zozma(would be glad if it was the latest you worked on)? I really want to test something :P

Kagebunji

Portrait for Tortoise is completed! I used quite an easy and chep way of doing it, but it works either way, heh.

Cheetah

The palette should work out just fine. I think the content itself is quite fine as well. Looks good even if it is "cheap".
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

Yeah, I believe so too, but I feel like I should soften the outlines on him, and add some more depth to his mouth part. After that it should work.