• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

CCP (Celdia's Complete Patch) [Old Thread - Locked]

Started by Celdia, December 14, 2010, 12:41:47 am

Wiz

Voila  :mrgreen:

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

Celdia

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Celdia

To anyone browsing the boards that would like to see some of CCP in action, we're doing a live stream right now - courtesy of Chimp - over here: http://www.livestream.com/GamesNowTime so come on over and have a look. We'll be picking up from the battle with Velius and going until Chimp passes out or the game is beaten, I think.

This is a limited time offer so come one, come all! Act NOW!

Alright, looks like we're all done with this one for tonight. Tune in next time and to everybody that stopped by, thanks for coming!

Aquilae

Just played through Chapter 1 of your patch Celdia, it was really fun to go through =). The lack of revival / decent healing was quite aggravating though. Maybe you could make a 0 JP Revival skill available to Delita / Algus?
:gay:

dinosaur

Quote from: Aquilae on March 15, 2011, 10:30:34 am
The lack of revival / decent healing was quite aggravating though. Maybe you could make a 0 JP Revival skill available to Delita / Algus?

Celdia, as more and more people are playing this is common theme people are stressing.

Celdia

Well, Bandage is getting fixed to be usable in the next update and that should help with healing. I really am surprised so many people are having problems with lack of a easy-access revival though. Its like their Phoenix Downs were some kind of crutch.

I'll think of something, I guess.

Kagebunji

Once I finish current sprites, I will give a shot to this piece of work.

Wiz

part 4

Sleeping Dart >_<

I'm afraid of what Miluda II and Wiegraf are going to do to me :O

Next fight, I HAVE TO somehow massively grind the f*ck out of my guys like 15 lvls each or something.

Celdia

You shouldn't have to do that at all, Wiz. I'm really surprised Miluda 1 gave you as much trouble as it did. I'm also surprised you have two units with Alchemy already, but then you did get some grinding in waiting for crystals/boxes in earlier. As for Miluda 1 ending with her at critical, I didn't change anything about that in the fight, so either the battle didn't end with her in crit or its an odd side-effect of something else I changed.

Great video. Looking forward to the next one. ^_^ (Maybe I'll even have an updated version for you by then.)

Wiz

I exaggerated on 15 lvls a little and meant to say abilities are what I need to obtain for this story-mode only run lol.
I had trouble with Miluda because of her thieves throwing sleeping darts and the decent damage that they did because of their speed (dagger damage formula = [(PA+SP)/2] * WP).

^

That's run off of 1.2 if you remember meaning there were no ENTD changes but only abilities like those for the calculator and MP values for swordskills.

Also sound plugin's a little off and I think it's because of I don't have as many customizations for 1.7 as I do for ePSXe 1.6.

And finally, since not all are visual learners, I made this for you to put on your second post :P

PA Based Classes
Warrior = Initially available
Champion = Level 2 Warrior
Nomad = Level 2 Champion
Brawler = Level 2 Champion
Bandit = Level 3 Nomad
Torero = Level 3 Brawler
Gunslinger = Level 4 Bandit, Level 4 Torero

MA Based Classes
Cook/Homemaker = Initially available
Red Mage = Level 2 Cook/Homemaker
Alchemist = Level 2 Red Mage
Demagogue = Level 3 Red Mage
Lapidary = Level 3 Alchemist
Tactician = Level 3 Demagogue
Warlock/Ghaele = Level 6 Red Mage

Combined Classes
Enchanter = Level 2 Warrior, Level 2 Cook/Homemaker
Vanquisher = Level 3 Champion, Level 3 Red Mage, Level 2 Enchanter
Mystic Knight = Level 4 Vanquisher

Advanced Classes
Mime = Level 8 Champion, Level 8 Red Mage, Level 4 Tactician, Level 4 Gunslinger, Level 4 Mystic Knight, Level 4 Lapidary

Quote(Maybe I'll even have an updated version for you by then.)

:mrgreen: Keep up the good work <3

Edit: Perhaps I got too stressed about next fight...NOW I HAVE 4K to spend!!!

Celdia

lol @ Job Prereq spoiler. Okay, I'll use that. :P

4k in Gil? That's not a whole lot even this early on. Also, I think you spent too much on items this early, hence the lack of funds. Just an observation. I know I made the items you bought a bit more expensive...but then, that's part of the early strategy there - sacrifice equipment for utility items or forego the items to have the best gear. That's all assuming you don't just grind. Let it be known that I was at one point toying with limiting gil so grinding for it would be impossible but that would require all drops to be crystals and not boxes as well as removing the Steal skills. It would also require a lot more number crunching to keep things even remotely fair.

Celdia

v1.81 Update! See the end of the first post in this thread for the updates. There is a new No Music ppf up as well for the streaming/video recording crowd.

Just an extra thought on this: Anyone already playing should be able to just re-patch and keep playing from their last save without any problems. Just check your Mystic Knights, Gunslingers and Mimes as they JP required for Job Level 4 was increased.

Aquilae

Vanquisher's Cross skill is seriously overpowered. 6 AoE, 4 Vert and OHKOs everything, it's CT5Holy all over again =P
:gay:

Celdia

Celdia

Just did a tiny update to v1.82. Fixed some ENTD issues that were giving me AI problems and changed up a few more fights. I can't believe I didn't have like any Lapidary units in the event battles anywhere. That's fixed now. ^_^ Not a lot of huge changes but enough to warrant posting another patch I thought.

S_Hawkeye

Thanks for this mod, it's really fun (almost like it was a new game), but it seems that some skills are really overpowered (for example the thief skillset, haste 85+% + sleep 70+% = enemy team being raped countless times).

Btw:
1. The AI tacticians can do something?, i haven't seen them doing any of their skills (1.80 and 1.82).

2. The magic guns do a lot much damage (the blaze gun and stone gun do 350+ dmg, more than in vanilla) and i don't think this is planned (when i use them with an enchant skill they lose almost 200 dmg but weapons like e windslash bow don't).

3. Zalmo is supposed to know ultima? it was an umpleasant surprise the first time i "fought" him (lol he killed himself befora i could do something to him)

4. I think you should change the name of this "torero" skills; "lento" to "ralentizar","veneno" to "envenenar", "debilidad" to "debilitar", provoke to "provocar" and enrage to "enfurecer" (it's just a suggestion)

dinosaur

Quote from: S_Hawkeye on March 19, 2011, 07:10:16 pm

3. Zalmo is supposed to know ultima? it was an umpleasant surprise the first time i "fought" him (lol he killed himself befora i could do something to him)

How did he kill himself?

Quote from: S_Hawkeye on March 19, 2011, 07:10:16 pm

4. I think you should change the name of this "torero" skills; "lento" to "ralentizar","veneno" to "envenenar", "debilidad" to "debilitar", provoke to "provocar" and enrage to "enfurecer" (it's just a suggestion)

Cute!!

S_Hawkeye

I moved a thief next to him in my first turn to stop his cast(tried to sleep him, doesn't work) then ultima killed him (it was really funny)

Celdia

Happy to hear you're enjoying the patch, S_Hawkeye. I've been having problems getting AI Tacticians to do anything. I know they can, but for some reason they choose not to. The magic guns are really just elemental guns now but without good or best compat/elemental weakness even the best of them should cap at 196 damage. That's not Ultima he's casting though it does use the same animation. Its the Ghaele skill Mani Mina and I find it hilarious you got him to kill himself with it. I will take a look at the % on the Bandit skills though. The Tranquilizer Dart really isn't supposed to have that high of a hit %. Are your suggestion for the Torero names just changing them over to the unconjugated verbs or do I have my translations mixed up?

S_Hawkeye

Quote from: Celdia on March 19, 2011, 08:14:33 pm
The magic guns are really just elemental guns now but without good or best compat/elemental weakness even the best of them should cap at 196 damage.

But i have seen most of the time that those guns do 250+dmg (even in the hands of balk, i was just exagggerating with the 350+ but 250 in neutral is still too much)

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/2417/dibujodij.png

Ramza Gemini

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/566/dibujo2qc.png

Vanquisher Taurus

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7021/dibujo3bn.png

Neutral Zodiac Compatibility

That's not Ultima he's casting though it does use the same animation. Its the Ghaele skill Mani Mina and I find it hilarious you got him to kill himself with it.

Ahhhh, that explain that atk (i didn't see the name because of my configuration)

I will take a look at the % on the Bandit skills though. The Tranquilizer Dart really isn't supposed to have that high of a hit %.

I have seen 100% with best, 91% with neutral and 56% with worst (very high %)

Are your suggestion for the Torero names just changing them over to the unconjugated verbs or do I have my translations mixed up?

I just say it because it's a little uncomfortable from my point of view (i speak spanish) but it's nothing important