• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:20:43 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Leonarth's FFTA Randomizer

Started by Leonarth, February 02, 2019, 08:39:04 am

Leonarth

QuoteAny way to make this compatible with 32 bit systems?

I'm new to this, it took me a while but I think I got it?
Try redownloading and running it, same link.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Leonarth

Quoteapparently attacking with a height difference is an unplanned case.

I think this might be fixed now? I think this was a case of me misscounting, the math is pretty weird on this and I'm not good with numbers so it might take a while to get it right. If you see some weapon using the wrong animation, either one for a different type of weapon or one that doesn't look right for the height then that's my fault probably.
Essentially, there are 6 animations for every weapon, two for attacking two heights or more above you, two for neutral height and two for lower, one being the front and one the back for each.
I think I misscounted and I left the sword's higher animation out of the new ones, I made them, they just aren't used right now, because it's the first weapon animation.
Anyway, point is this should be fixed in the new update.

QuoteI have a black mage with ignore height who fails to spawn any blue movement tiles when he attempts to move, rendering him immobile.

It's not the first time I get this complaint, I have been trying for days and I just can't replicate it, it works perfectly fine for me. Can you give me more details?

Diedrik

The stat change from Ignore Height on my 3 human characters:
Black Mage  2 to 0
Soldier        2 to 8
White Mage 2 to 6

Second battle he was in, my black mage could now move, the Soldier could not. I tried restarting the same battle, but with placed the units in a different order, and in different places, same result. The more I have tested the less theories I have.

Leonarth

Ignore Height should NOT change the jump stat so there's something going wrong there.

Diedrik

February 11, 2019, 02:17:43 pm #24 Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 02:44:06 pm by Diedrik
Yeah, every person I have tested it on in the randomizer has had it affect their jump stat for some reason, hopefully that hint helps you figure it out, I will try to get a bangaa to test it in a non-randomized game.

Edit: Still no Bangaa Gladiator yet, but I just saw a human soldier learn SwarmStrike in non-rando, which is unexpected, I thought that was a Viera only ability in vanilla.

Leonarth

I updated the base patch, I think I fixed Ignore Height? It's hard to tell since I can't replicate the can't move effect.

Quotebut I just saw a human soldier learn SwarmStrike in non-rando

Yeah, there's clearly something going wrong there.

Facky

Sophialee

May 01, 2019, 07:08:40 pm #27 Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 07:14:12 pm by Sophialee
(Moggle Jobs)
0x24 Animist
0x25 Mog Knight
0x26 Gunner
0x27 Thief
0x28 Juggler
0x29 Gadgeteer
0x2A Black Mage
0x2B Time Mage

(Viera Jobs)
0x1C Fencer   
0x1D Elementalist
0x1E Red Mage
0x1F White Mage
0x20 Summoner
0x21 Archer
0x22 Assassin
0x23 Sniper

(Nu Mou Jobs)
0x14 White Mage
0x15 Black Mage
0x16 Time Mage
0x17 Illusionist
0x18 Alchemist
0x19 Beastmaster   
0x1A Morpher
0x1B Sage

(Bangaa Jobs)
0x0D Warrior
0x0E Dragoon
0x0F Defender
0x10 Gladiator
0x11 White Monk
0x12 Bishop   
0x13 Templar

(Human Jobs)
0x02 Soldier
0x03 Paladin   
0x04 Fighter
0x05 Thief     
0x06 Ninja   
0x07 White Mage   
0x08 Black Mage
0x09 Illusionist   
0x0A Blue Mage
0x0B Archer   
0x0C Hunter   

Didnt realize that the code was Hexadecimal here is the update given by Leonarth. It still remains that if you get your character into a certain race you can stay in that race (for now).

Leonarth

Hello!
I didn't know people would want a list, however that list is innacurate, all jobs are available in the randomizer, you just skipped a bunch of numbers. The numbers are in hexadecimal (digits go from 0 to F, not 0 to 9, that's what the 0x means), and the values are the internal IDs of the jobs, for example you skipped 0x0A which is Blue Mage.
Please edit your post as to not confuse people.

Here is the actual list:

0x02 Soldier
0x03 Paladin   
0x04 Fighter
0x05 Thief      
0x06 Ninja   
0x07 White Mage   
0x08 Black Mage
0x09 Illusionist   
0x0A Blue Mage
0x0B Archer   
0x0C Hunter   

0x0D Warrior
0x0E Dragoon
0x0F Defender
0x10 Gladiator
0x11 White Monk
0x12 Bishop   
0x13 Templar

0x14 White Mage
0x15 Black Mage
0x16 Time Mage
0x17 Illusionist
0x18 Alchemist
0x19 Beastmaster   
0x1A Morpher
0x1B Sage   

0x1C Fencer   
0x1D Elementalist
0x1E Red Mage
0x1F White Mage
0x20 Summoner
0x21 Archer
0x22 Assassin
0x23 Sniper

0x24 Animist
0x25 Mog Knight
0x26 Gunner
0x27 Thief
0x28 Juggler
0x29 Gadgeteer
0x2A Black Mage
0x2B Time Mage

Thym

Hi, I've really enjoyed playing this recently. I'm not sure if you're aware but there seems to be a bug with the Blue Mage. He's able to purchase the usually non-obtainable ability Knife and Limit Glove (they aren't usable in battle and the option to even select them doesn't appear at all) but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else so just thought I'd let you know (as I haven't encountered any actual bugs yet :P).

I left abilities un-randomized entirely so its definitely in his base kit.

Leonarth

Those abilities should be marked as both invisible and unpurchasable, if they are purchasable then that's an issue with the patch, not the randomizer.

When I eventually update the patch to include whatever new stuff I end up making, it will get fixed.

Thanks for letting me know, though!

Ren

Hello Leonarth,

i wanted to try out your randomizer, but sadly your dropbox link has been turned off, so i just wanted to inform you.

Leonarth

June 20, 2019, 01:35:42 pm #32 Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 02:47:13 am by Leonarth
I literally just got an email about that from dropbox, there's not much I can do for now so you'll have to wait for a while.

Might switch to google drive after this.

Edit: I changed the link to a google drive one, still not sure what happened with dropbox.

Sundaybrawl

I know it's been a while, but has there any more progress for the randomizer? As in, adding more craziness and general nonsense?

I'd love to learn how to mod the game like this but have no idea where to start. Do you have any resources I could use to learn?

Leonarth

I'm not working on the randomizer at the moment.

To mod the game like this you can probably just stick to the all in one editor and be fine:
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9764.msg189278#msg189278

That's not what I use, but it should work for what you want to do.

afdc98

Hello! Thanks for doing a great job with the randomizer!
I wanted to report a crash happening if a hume uses one of the Defender (Bangaa) Elemental Swords (Fire, Thunder and Ice Sword abilities). The animation of the sword plays, but the sprite remains still, and the game softlocks.
Hoping this can be fixed! 😁

dck

You have to use the updated Engine Hacks from https://github.com/LeonarthCG/FFTA_Engine_Hacks instead of the provided .ups; that file is from Feb 2019, so not really maintained and more of a showcase than anything else. The issues with Gladiator elemental swords were reported and fixed a few months ago.
  • Discord username: adri#1824