• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 09:30:07 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Twinees' Sprites

Started by Twinees, September 19, 2009, 09:59:13 am

Cheetah

Inclusion of the tattoo looks perfect. Get a little motion included in the hair and feather if you can. Perhaps you could make a little bit more of his tail fairy, or add the the size of the flame. Right now it looks a bit stubby. This is an amazing effort though. I like the motion of the swing earring or whatever.
Current Projects:

mav

Hot damn! Well done sir, well done. I agree with Cheetah about the tail, but this is shaping up to be a phenomenal sprite. Complete this, please.

Twinees

Thanks for the crits guys, this is shaping out well. I got 2 weeks break from school in two weeks..., so this should be finished very soon.

Next thing to think about: What types of attacks should he do? I was thinking about copying his limit break attacks from FFVII, eg. howling, and charging

Reference:
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

Whoa, great job on this Twinees, it looks awesome. The tattoo is splendin, I want to ask how many shades you use on it though, two? You may consider throwing one of those dark browns to give more pedth, it is not soo neccessary though. Hair movement looks so damn familiar, you used Cloud as reference?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jon

Oh my, this is awesome! Yeah, do limit breaks, its better than the panthers "claw" and "Cat Kick" (I think thats the ability's name). Everything looks perfect from my point of view. I have 2 questions (or suggestions): What is that white string/hair thing under his throat? You probably have something there that I just don't remember. Must be hair or something I guess. Also, dumb question, does Red XIII have a tattoo on his front leg also? Twinees, I can't wait to see how this will look when finished! :mrgreen:
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Cheetah

It is so beautiful. Wonderful animating Twinees, this is truly looking amazing. I have just been sitting here watching him walk for like the past 5 minutes, and now I'm late for work...
Current Projects:

Zozma

this is really good, one of my least favorite ff7 characters and yet i want this for my game lol
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Lijj

As usual sir great work.  You really are a good animator.
The only thing- I think the tattoo moves more than the leg.
Aah But really it doesn't even look bad so maybe that's an un-necessary crit

mav

I agree with Lijj about the tattoo. And Jon about the limit breaks. I was gonna bitch about the palette being too dull, but I've grown used to it. Keep at it.

Zozma

the palette is perfect for fft in my opinion

man if this sprite gets finished id really like to use it

Twinees

@Kage: The hair i did from scratch, though i see how it resembles clouds, but it should look like that anyway.

@Jon: The thing under his head is a little charm, if you look at some pictures of him u can see it, but u are right, i didnt notice it on him until i actually looked. Yes Red XIII does have tattoos on his front leg, but i decided only one tattoo, because there would be too many things going on in his animation :)

@Zozma: What will you use it on? It's good to hear someone will use it XD

Glad you guys all like it :). i will try to complete it this over the weekend, just started to catch up on my school work.

Zozma

I donno, perhaps ill make him get summoned along with Barret (who replaces cloud) lol theres so many characters in my game tho u have to make a lot of hard choices just to get only a handfull

Jon

Twinees, you use my method of recoloring, I use Photoshop and then Ctrl + U and just change the hue. That way the colors, even if they don't exist in game, technically are correct, they always stay at a number divisible by 4. You are going to complete the entire thing over 1 weekend?! Man your fast :mrgreen:

Cheetah

I really like the tattoo animation. You can try changing it but I'm willing to bet I will just ask you to change it back. It could use one lighter shade though. I also like the charm animation as is too.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

This is so awesome, I demand a patch with this sprite and job after the sprite is done :P

Cheetah

You mean the Final Fantasy VII patch that no one thinks should be made but that would likely get alot of attention? Especially since we have more FFVII sprites finished or in progress than any other game. Despite a somewhat organized effort to make FFIX sprites. FFXII actually survives in the same continuity as FFT, yet there isn't a single completed sprite from that game.
Current Projects:

Wolfran

It looks really good especially the shape of his head, but I think the leg shouldn't start at top of his back if you look Coeurl's sprite It has back and his leg start a few pixels down. And almost forgot use the tattoo with his number, I think is more important than the others.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Jon

Well, if there is a FF VII patch being made, I want in. FF VII was my favorite game for many years, switched to FFT much later because I didn't discover it right away. I think sprite wise there already is enough (Cloud, Tifa, Sephi, Vince, Red XIII is being made, Barret, 2 other Clouds, Cid was sorta made, bad quality unless someone cleans it up, 3 Aerises, I imagine making Biggs Wedge and Jessie outta vanilla units would suffice, after all they get wasted, Reno, Rude would be easy enough to make, hell all of the Turks would I guess, nobody likes Cait Sith - he wouldn't even need to be in the game, someones gotta make Yuffie, hmmm, ect ect.) I could help out with spriting once Cactuar is done.

Zozma

Tifa (other than the portrait), Cid, Aeris and Sephiroth (other than smash portrait) are all horrible quality tho

Zozma

oh and so is the portrait on vincent, and yuffie sucks completely too