• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:38:33 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT The Lion War ReMixed [PSX]

Started by Nyzer, December 22, 2023, 12:35:48 am

Soopa

Hello, can anyone share exactly what New Game + does? Also, thanks so much for your work, this mod has been really fun so far!
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

Version 1.1.04 is out now, with another round of bugfixes.

QuoteHello, can anyone share exactly what New Game + does?

It's a feature of The Lion War. J7Jase has a brief overview of it here, and Akashachi has a detailed breakdown here.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

SilhyGames

I managed to get as far as the Rescuing Algus battle on the Mandalia Plains before encountering fatal bugs.

I've found that having any of your units use Defend causes the emulator and game to crash. It seems like enemy units can defend with no issues, however. This was with Retroarch and the PCSX Rearmed Core.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Nyzer

Quote from: SilhyGames on January 30, 2024, 06:52:17 amI managed to get as far as the Rescuing Algus battle on the Mandalia Plains before encountering fatal bugs.

I've found that having any of your units use Defend causes the emulator and game to crash. It seems like enemy units can defend with no issues, however. This was with Retroarch and the PCSX Rearmed Core.

You'll likely need a Duck/Duckstation core.

SilhyGames

Quote from: Nyzer on January 30, 2024, 07:31:06 amYou'll likely need a Duck/Duckstation core.

I can confirm it does seem to work normally on Duckstation. Thanks for the assistance.

One last thing, I'm still in Chapter 1, and I'm not familiar with the Guest Roster as it has been applied in this and TLW. Algus and Delita are both in my roster. Is that normal? Does the Guest Roster start coming into effect in Chapter 2?

Nyzer

Another bugfix patch is out.

Quote from: SilhyGames on January 30, 2024, 08:13:56 amOne last thing, I'm still in Chapter 1, and I'm not familiar with the Guest Roster as it has been applied in this and TLW. Algus and Delita are both in my roster. Is that normal? Does the Guest Roster start coming into effect in Chapter 2?

You have three Guest Slots in Chapter 1. Once Mustadio joins for good in Chapter 2, they're reduced to 2 slots. Once Agrias joins for good, it's reduced to 1 slot. Once Rafa joins for good, it's set to 0, and all 20 slots are used for the main party.

rrr

Is the move find item ability isn't innate now? Is the move find item ability not resulting always find the rare item one?

Nyzer

It's not innate and not always rare.

raistlincl

I have been playing with this mod (recently got to the middle of chapter).. some issues I encounter so far:

1. Is it normal to recruit Luso in chapter 1? (his blue magic tree does not have any active ability though...)
2. I got to the preposition by accident as early as chapter 1. I sent two units off, but now I don't know how to get them back in chapter 2. I can't bench them or disband them from the formation screen. I visited every single bar but were not able to see the preposition screen again.

Nyzer

Quote from: raistlincl on January 31, 2024, 12:07:07 amI have been playing with this mod (recently got to the middle of chapter).. some issues I encounter so far:

1. Is it normal to recruit Luso in chapter 1? (his blue magic tree does not have any active ability though...)
2. I got to the preposition by accident as early as chapter 1. I sent two units off, but now I don't know how to get them back in chapter 2. I can't bench them or disband them from the formation screen. I visited every single bar but were not able to see the preposition screen again.

His skillset would be empty - that's always how Blue Magic works in Final Fantasy games. You have to seek out and be hit by enemy skills in order to learn them. That's why you get him in Chapter 1, so you can pick up some of the skills along the journey.

You don't do propositions from the bar anymore. They're done from the Brave Story's Bonus Content.

SilhyGames

Is it still possible for Luso to learn Ultima? Sorry, I didn't see it listed anywhere.

Nyzer

Quote from: SilhyGames on February 04, 2024, 04:00:34 amIs it still possible for Luso to learn Ultima? Sorry, I didn't see it listed anywhere.

No. But the changes to TLW mean that Ramza can learn it in Chapter 3.

SilhyGames

February 05, 2024, 01:29:17 am #32 Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 02:54:22 pm by SilhyGames
There seems to be a gamebreaking bug after recruiting TG Cid. Immediately after recruiting him ("Join up!" screen), the game fades to black and fails to recover. It set me back several hours, sadly. =(

EDIT: I was able to reproduce it a few times, but on around the 4th try, it managed to get past it. Not really sure what that was about.

ippo4ever

Absolutely loving this mod, especially the ability to retrain your guys in their current job. Such a time-saver instead of delevelling on a trap and relevelling. I did however have to do that with Ramza since he can't be sent on missions. Is there a possible way to increase the JP learned from simple jobs, say pay gil for a upgraded level of the job? Would save some time when catching up new special characters for those OCD completionists like me

Nyzer

Quote from: SilhyGames on February 05, 2024, 01:29:17 amThere seems to be a gamebreaking bug after recruiting TG Cid. Immediately after recruiting him ("Join up!" screen), the game fades to black and fails to recover. It set me back several hours, sadly. =(

EDIT: I was able to reproduce it a few times, but on around the 4th try, it managed to get past it. Not really sure what that was about.

I wasn't able to get it to reproduce, myself. Possibly an emulator or slightly bad ISO issue? I've also not heard anyone report this issue outside of an early bug with flubbing the jump point for scene skipping.

Quote from: ippo4ever on February 06, 2024, 06:46:41 pmIs there a possible way to increase the JP learned from simple jobs, say pay gil for a upgraded level of the job?

You can get more JP from Jobs in Chapter 4, once you unlock the option to send multiple groups on the same Job. Having more than one group doing the same Job will cause the JP from them to stop halving compared to Proposition JP.

ippo4ever

Question about the retrainer:

Does it retrain the units as in level them up from level 1 in the class they enter the retrainer as well as catch them up in levels to your party?

Nyzer

Yep. They'll level up to something like Party Level minus 2 or 3 unless they were already higher than that, in which case it'll use that level as the final level.

ippo4ever

Quote from: Nyzer on February 09, 2024, 10:52:52 pmYep. They'll level up to something like Party Level minus 2 or 3 unless they were already higher than that, in which case it'll use that level as the final level.

Thanks for answering that. It's a really great mod and saves a bunch of grind time.

When you say Cloud's limit skills got changed to match Journey of the Five, does that mean the majority of them can miss now or also the damage formula changed? The OG formula is based off MA?

Nyzer

Quote from: ippo4ever on February 10, 2024, 03:46:46 pmThanks for answering that. It's a really great mod and saves a bunch of grind time.

When you say Cloud's limit skills got changed to match Journey of the Five, does that mean the majority of them can miss now or also the damage formula changed? The OG formula is based off MA?

I changed the formulas to match what Jot5 does for them - except for Finish Touch, as my policy going into this was to avoid nerfs whenever possible. So that still has a 100% chance to do something.

rafasites

I really liked this version, but the option to change the songs didn't show up for me. Which version should I use?